NickNames

Emmasmom

Forums Sage
We've all been struggling with heat, humidity, health issues, food issues etc for the last few months with our beloved friends.

Just for fun, who has a nickname for your pet?

Hamish always got Mish or if I was teasing him Hambone. Dad sometimes called him Doughhead if he thought Hamish was being stupid.

Noah had quite a few. Dawg from Dad, Grandma's pretty boy from Mom, my one great niece's name was NoNo. I had a few for him: No, Noey, Noky, Noke. I think Buddy was my favourite for him. He knew each one and would answer to them all, without any confusion.

Emma has: Em, Emmy (the great-niece again), Grandma's pretty girl (she will answer to this one no more as Mom is not here), Girl. Dad is confused - he still calls Emma Boy (I have still not convinced him that Emma is a girl after having male Shelties for 17 years). He also calls her Dawg. Emma would not respond when Mom used my proper name to her, only if she called me "Mother or Mom".

What about the rest of you - any particular pet name?
 
Some of my new favorites for Smudge are: Mr. Smudge puppy and Mr. Puppy.


I don't think I have ever honestly called Fluffy by the name Fluffy. 99.9% of the time I call her Fluff. Everybody new I meet thinks that is her name, because they've never seen/heard me call her Fluffy. :lol:
 
Chandler has a few from me,
Chan short for Chandler
Mr Fancy Pants because when he gets cocky he struts and wiggles his butt.
Mr Barker Because when he wants something he loves to talk and talk and talk
Mamas Boy Because he is
Mr Wuss Because he's afraid of everything

Gypsy
Gyps for short
Pretty eyes because of her blue eye
Miss Scuttle Butt because she just strolls along taking her good old time........
Mrs Sniffer because she has to smell every leaf,blade of grass,spec of dirt,anything and everything she sees she sniffs.
Pretty Girl that's obvious
 
Meggie: Meggie FooFoo; Meggie May; Mama's girl, little bubble butt (I know, NOT NICE!)

I call them both my poopaloops or poopalas which for Cooper turned into Coopaloop or Coopala. I also call him Buddy and Mama's boy.
 
Bentley: Buddy, Beezy, B, Stinky, Stinky Bear, Bentley Q. Bear

Lexi: Lexi-lu, Lu, Lexington, Baby Girl, Girly
 
"Dad calls me "CJ" or "Ceej" (pronounced Seige) so I have a Gaelic sounding name too." CJ giggles, "He calls me lots of other nice sounding things too."

"Mom calls me "her little boy" a lot which is kinda embarrassing, but I put up with it." Edan admits, "Dad, on the other paw, calls me "Sheltie Butt" and sometimes "Sheltie Log" when I'm pushin' Mom's weight boundaries."

CJ giggles and shares, "I've heard him call you "Derp Dog" too."

"Shut up." Edan retorts, "He's called you "Waggle Butt."

CJ gasps, "He, has, not!"

Edan smiles and nods, "Has too. I've heard him."

"Well, it must have been lovingly said." CJ replies, "Everything he calls me is full of affection."

"Yeah sure. Princess Waggle Butt." Edan chuckles under his breath.
 
Chelsea was called 'Buns' 99.9% of the time.

April gets called 'snuggles', 'Minnie the Moocher', 'Fuzzy Butt' or 'Pups' Don't ask me why 'Pups' is pluralized, I don't know, it just happened, it's usually preceeded by 'Hey...' :biggrin2:


edit: I forgot one from one of April's pics - The TerminApril!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top