GlennR
Forums Enthusiast
Once again our garden guardian, Willow, has defended her turf but at great cost to everyone equipped with a sense of smell. Yup, another encounter with a small, striped foe.
Winter is the absolute worst time to have an encounter like this as you can't keep your windows open to clear the stench. We popped her straight into the bath, following the instructions on the skunk shampoo, but she's going to need twice-daily baths if we are to banish this stink in any reasonable time frame.
I have three different kinds of skunk scent removal shampoos and I suppose we'll just rotate through them. I have wall-to-wall carpet in most rooms so she's going to be spending a significant amount of her day in the kitchen where the floor is vinyl and easy to clean. I will take this as an opportunity to make some dinners ahead for this week. Willow loves the kitchen when any meals are being prepared.
Currently, every path has a coat of ice from the freezing rain that fell last night. The forecast for the next couple of days is heavy rains, torrential at times. That's not the weather that I would really wish for. Ah, the joys of dog ownership. LOL
As always it is quite eye-opening to see how skinny Willow is under that heavy coat of hers. I don't know how she can fit such a large love-filled heart in such a small, sleek, if somewhat stinky, body.
Winter is the absolute worst time to have an encounter like this as you can't keep your windows open to clear the stench. We popped her straight into the bath, following the instructions on the skunk shampoo, but she's going to need twice-daily baths if we are to banish this stink in any reasonable time frame.
I have three different kinds of skunk scent removal shampoos and I suppose we'll just rotate through them. I have wall-to-wall carpet in most rooms so she's going to be spending a significant amount of her day in the kitchen where the floor is vinyl and easy to clean. I will take this as an opportunity to make some dinners ahead for this week. Willow loves the kitchen when any meals are being prepared.
Currently, every path has a coat of ice from the freezing rain that fell last night. The forecast for the next couple of days is heavy rains, torrential at times. That's not the weather that I would really wish for. Ah, the joys of dog ownership. LOL
As always it is quite eye-opening to see how skinny Willow is under that heavy coat of hers. I don't know how she can fit such a large love-filled heart in such a small, sleek, if somewhat stinky, body.
