Off to the Vet we go....

RonandJan

Forums Enthusiast
Yesterday, McKinley limped around all day on his left back paw, but he still was up for his walks and training and watching his girls (the chookies), but was just a little poor and pitiful.

This morning he wouldn't come down the stairs (he did eat his breakies:rolleyes2: always eat your breakies regardless of how pitiful you feel) and after breakfast just went into the living room and laid down in the sun. Usually after breakfast is outside to secure the yard.

So I took his temp, and it is 104. Off to the vet we go at 1:00 today.

I'll update later today.
 
Last edited:
Sorry to hear the mess maker is feeling under the weather. I hope he's feeling better soon and up to his usual antics.

Let us know what the vet says!
 
ohhh brother Noah sends hugs his way...Sounds like an infection or lyme maybe? Let us know how he makes out..thinking of him today!!!

but on a similiar note the same thing happened to my aunts Golden last week, she called me to say her dog had a tick on his foot and she couldnt get it out so she was taking him to the vet. She called me later that day to say she had to leave him he had a puncture wound on his foot that was infected...no clue how he did it ... He had to do surgery to clean it out...
 
McKinley, my love! Please feel better soon! You need to be well and healthy for when I see you. I promise to give you a thousand kisses.

Love your Boopka Bailey.
 
These are Barkley's identical Lyme symptoms when he gets it, Jan, especially the fever. I'd put money on Lyme. A round of Doxycyclene will get him back to normal fast, it's amazing how quickly you see the improvement. The usual dose is 3 to 4 weeks on it.

When you go to the vet, if they can't test the blood right in the office, don't let them tell you that you have to wait for results. Insist on some doxycyclene so you can get him on it. There's no sense waiting when his symptoms are that clear cut, and the test isn't always conclusive. Barkley's never is.

Sending pats to McKinely, and licks from mama Checkers too!!
 
Back
Top