Off to the Vet we go....

He is on a fever and pain reducer. So yes, the fever is down, but I can't say that it wouldn't go back up, if I were to take him off that pill.

I have 4 of the fever reducer and am to give all 4. Tonight will be the last one and we will see if his fever stays down tomorrow and if it doesn't then it is a Friday and I can get him back into the vet without an emergency visit.

I hope he continues to have a normal temperature.
 
So glad he is feeling better.Please give MMM big sheltie hugs from Trapp & Jasper..Earnie sends his best to.

Get well soon!!
 
Monday the 21st

Hello again,

Question: MMM threw up after his breakies. I know this Doxicyclene(sp?) can cause stomach upset, should I be concerned?

He went out for his morning walk, was a little slow in comparison to his normal pace, but then again I am a little slow this morning. (it is pretty warm here).

He didn't sleep well last night, again I think he was warm (we live without A/C by choice), but when I turned the fan up higher he slept better.

I am swapping to veggie broth in his water rather than the beef stock, I think it would be gentler to digest.

I did swap from cheese around his pills to hotdogs yesterday because I understand they should not have diary while on this. Could the hotdogs be the issue? Or could the cheese for a couple of days interacted with the medicine and I am just seeing the results? I also had given him yogurt (homemade, live and organic) before knowing about the diary problem, but have stopped that as well.

Ok, OR I could just be worrying over nothing.

And he is sleeping now on the cool tile floor, but this is what he usually does at this time of the morning.
 
Hello again,

Question: MMM threw up after his breakies. I know this Doxicyclene(sp?) can cause stomach upset, should I be concerned?

He went out for his morning walk, was a little slow in comparison to his normal pace, but then again I am a little slow this morning. (it is pretty warm here).

He didn't sleep well last night, again I think he was warm (we live without A/C by choice), but when I turned the fan up higher he slept better.

I am swapping to veggie broth in his water rather than the beef stock, I think it would be gentler to digest.

I did swap from cheese around his pills to hotdogs yesterday because I understand they should not have diary while on this. Could the hotdogs be the issue? Or could the cheese for a couple of days interacted with the medicine and I am just seeing the results? I also had given him yogurt (homemade, live and organic) before knowing about the diary problem, but have stopped that as well.

Ok, OR I could just be worrying over nothing.

And he is sleeping now on the cool tile floor, but this is what he usually does at this time of the morning.


Wow, how nice that it's cool enough up there to live without A/C, I am so jealous as it's essentially HELL down here in Houston :dead:.

I know the others here will have great advice, but in the mean time could you try giving a pepcid to calm the tummy down?
 
Hello again,


I also had given him yogurt (homemade, live and organic) before knowing about the diary problem, but have stopped that as well.

Ok, OR I could just be worrying over nothing.

And he is sleeping now on the cool tile floor, but this is what he usually does at this time of the morning.

I know that the live cultures in yogurt are good for humans when on an extended course of antibiotics. The antibiotics sometimes kill the good bacteria in the intestines, causing tummy issues, and the live cultures in the yogurt help to repopulate the good intestinal flora. Maybe this is similar in dogs too?

And it is definitely HOT here in CT! Riley wanted back into the house with the AC instead of bouncing around outside this afternoon!

Hope MMM feels better for next weekend!!! Riley sends puppy kisses
 
Back
Top