Our First Tornado

Wow! That's crazy. That's some damage and in just a short period of time. It's amazing what Mother Nature can do. Was that LB checking out the flood? Crazy pup.

Again, glad your house was okay and that you're all fine. And that your car survived the trees falling. I'm always amazed when I see trees uprooted like that.
 
If you ever have the misfortune again be careful! The water up to your knees if flowing can and will pull you down, a large number of deaths here are from that. Not sure if it is everywhere but around here if it is raining you are OK, if it suddenly stops hide NOW as the tornado is there. Oh and stay away from windows 'watching' the storm and they get blown out.

And next time you here a southerner or midwesterner complain consider that was a Class 1 I think, the ones we got last year were a bunch of 4's and 5's. You saw what a class one did, a 5 makes a large store disappear. Glad everyone is OK and be careful around tornados.
 
Thank you for the kind comments everyone! @Sheepofblue yes it was only an EF1 I believe. (110 mph) I can't imagine what a 4 or 5 would be like. The water on my street was only deep towards the intersection. Just past my house it gradually got more and more shallow. The rain never really stopped-even in the other video where the tree branch came down. So the twister itself likely missed that specific spot. But the building missing a roof probably got caught in it.

I've never seen a tornado myself...only on the tv or pictures. They've always fascinated me, but the damage they can do and how deadly they are also makes me afraid for the people that live in areas prone to them. Good point about windows! Downtown, all the windows were blown out of a nursing home. Thankfully no one was injured but they had to be transported to the high school as a temporary place to stay.
 
I agree with Sheep - if the rain stops, the wind picks up, you see garbage flying by, the dogs are acting strange - run for cover!! We were facing the wrong way to the tornado - but my GR/BC cross knew something was up. Trust your dog.
 
I agree with Sheep - if the rain stops, the wind picks up, you see garbage flying by, the dogs are acting strange - run for cover!! We were facing the wrong way to the tornado - but my GR/BC cross knew something was up. Trust your dog.

I officially don't trust my dogs lol-they were grabbing their tennis ball begging to go OUT during all this craziness lol!
 
Your dogs are weird:lol: Mine don't like bad weather - Natalie was barking at the thunder last week, it disturbed her sleep.
 
Well, I think it's because I spent so much time desensitizing them to loud noises. But still-I thought this kind of stuff was instinctive-that they would-you know, express a little concern rather than get on my case about me wasting time inside when we could be playing outside.
 
So glad to hear that you're ok, you're only a couple of hours away from where we live.

Extreme weather like that really scares me. I have nightmares about tornadoes every so often.
 
Back
Top