Pain medication for spay or neuter

ghggp

Moderator
Ok, I am not sure if someone thinks about...

BUT, did any of your vets send you home with pain medication after the spay or neuter operations?

I can't imagine they do not have something on board the days after the operation to help with pain...

Thoughts??
 
Last edited:
Mine didn't but Finnie did get an injection of Metacam after the neuter. Lasted 10+ hours. They do heal fast and you don't want them feeling too good because then they may injure themselves.
Have you spoken to your vet about it Gloria? Perhaps they can give something for the first couple days?
 
Ok, I am not sure if someone thinks about...

BUT, did any of your vets send you home with pain medication after the spay or neuter operations?

I can't imagine they do not have something on board the days after the operation to help with pain...

Thoughts??
Minnie was given a pain medication, an nsaid, twice a day for three days
 
It will be tougher on you than Liam, Gloria. He'll be asleep for it and by the time he's awake, you'll be taking him home. But I know exactly how you feel. :cry:

Most vets do give pain med post surgery, at least for a few days...carprophen, rimadyl or even gabapentin. As Lisa said, you don't want them feeling too good or they'll injure themselves.
 
I totally understand Gloria! Finnie is just like Liam but he did great...I swear the following day you wouldn't have known he'd been neutered by his behaviour. He wasn't in any pain, in fact the same night after he'd been neutered he jumped on the bed before I could stop him!
 
Back
Top