Justicemom
Forums Celebrity
Arghh, my poor boy!
July 12, I was leaving to go out of town to Duluth dog show and since we had 11 dogs, 7 entered 4 puppies (3 in match) and 3 people in 1 RV. I had to board my dogs. Normally I would board them at Rachels place but she was overfull alreadyand her addition is not done yet. So I used a person I have boarded with before. It is out of her home and it the past it has been fine.
What I didnt know she had a new dog. The dog is supposed to be great with other dogs. Ok fine. Introduce everyone, goes great. I need to leave and bring back an item I forgot. I enter the house, my dogs come over to me and next thing I know the dog jumps Birch from behind. At first I think it's playing but I quickly realized it was not. It pinned Birch between a wire kennel and the couch and is biting the hell out of him. I am yelling and the owner stands there and does NOTHING. So I reach down and bodily lift this 50lb husky mix off Birch by the scruff of its neck and toss it free. Birch takes off and I go see if he is hurt. After looking him over I see nothing and he seems to have recovered. The sitter promises me they will not be togther again and since I had no other option and left them. I get an update next mornibg he is fine and running in back yard complete with video. Sigh TG. Rest of weekend is uneventful, pick them up Sunday and he is totally normal.
Fast forward to Thrus night. The heat and humidity has cause the great sheltie coat blow. I am grooming Birch and I notice a swelling on his right side. The swelling seems to slide around and disappear. OMG! I take him in on Fri morning to my friends clinic and we decide he needs to have this surgically explored as we are concerned about a hernia
Yep it turns out to be a large 2" rip in the abdomen muscle tunneling down at an angle to the peritoneum not though it thank god. So now he is all sewn up with a 3" incision in his right side and me trying to figure out how to keep him quiet for 4 weeks . Grrrr
July 12, I was leaving to go out of town to Duluth dog show and since we had 11 dogs, 7 entered 4 puppies (3 in match) and 3 people in 1 RV. I had to board my dogs. Normally I would board them at Rachels place but she was overfull alreadyand her addition is not done yet. So I used a person I have boarded with before. It is out of her home and it the past it has been fine.
What I didnt know she had a new dog. The dog is supposed to be great with other dogs. Ok fine. Introduce everyone, goes great. I need to leave and bring back an item I forgot. I enter the house, my dogs come over to me and next thing I know the dog jumps Birch from behind. At first I think it's playing but I quickly realized it was not. It pinned Birch between a wire kennel and the couch and is biting the hell out of him. I am yelling and the owner stands there and does NOTHING. So I reach down and bodily lift this 50lb husky mix off Birch by the scruff of its neck and toss it free. Birch takes off and I go see if he is hurt. After looking him over I see nothing and he seems to have recovered. The sitter promises me they will not be togther again and since I had no other option and left them. I get an update next mornibg he is fine and running in back yard complete with video. Sigh TG. Rest of weekend is uneventful, pick them up Sunday and he is totally normal.
Fast forward to Thrus night. The heat and humidity has cause the great sheltie coat blow. I am grooming Birch and I notice a swelling on his right side. The swelling seems to slide around and disappear. OMG! I take him in on Fri morning to my friends clinic and we decide he needs to have this surgically explored as we are concerned about a hernia
Yep it turns out to be a large 2" rip in the abdomen muscle tunneling down at an angle to the peritoneum not though it thank god. So now he is all sewn up with a 3" incision in his right side and me trying to figure out how to keep him quiet for 4 weeks . Grrrr