Cleo2014
Forums Enthusiast
Wow poor Birch!!! I hope he heals up fast.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
I guess the lucky thing is that it was Birch. He is strong and big. If it had been Justice or Ember, they may have been killed or more seriously injured.
Justice is sort of frail at 14yrs. I don't know what may have happened if it had been him. He was standing right next to Birch.
Oh gawd....so true. So very true.
I know someone asked, but I am curious too, is this something a "normal" sheltie owner would have noticed? Or do you think we would have chalked it up to bruising? As a vet, I'm sure you know what you're feeling and if it's more than "just a bump" to the point of seeing a vet. Always good for us laypeople to learn too.![]()
There was no bruising of the skin. Someone may have noticed the lump but maybe chalked it up to bruising under the skin. I did not find it until he was home 4 days. So it was not that easy to find. The swelling was just fat and fluid, a seroma. It may have resulted in a week or 2 but the tear likely would not have.
He got a bath yesterday because the stapkes cane out and he was blowing fur like crazy and I found 2 more healed puncture wounds I never found all. Dang sheltie fur.