Puppy names

Caro

Moderator
IMG_0603.jpg I'm picking up this little girl next week and I'm wrestling with names. I'm thinking Gidget or Kismet. Gidget is what I was going to call Tully and Kismet reminds me of Deska (for a long roundabout reason)

Trying to avoid a or y sound endings as i realised I keep using them eg Della, Tully, Deska, Benny and Kimba. The cats are called Kalypso and Katkat (Katrine).

Names are so hard, esp because I know so many dog names from teaching classes. I've taught one Gidget but no Kismet.
 
Last edited:
I want to reach through the screen and grab her up and kiss that face! How adorable! Which is what I would end up calling Kismet--Kissy LOL and Gidget would end up GG. I never can leave a name well enough alone.
But of those two names she looks more Gidget to me.
What's her registered name?
 
View attachment 15504 I'm picking up this little girl next week and I'm wrestling with names. I'm thinking Gidget or Kismet. Gidget is what I was going to call Tully and Kismet reminds me of Deska (for a long roundabout reason)

Trying to avoid a or y sound endings as i realised as I keep using them eg Della, Tully, Deska, Benny and Kimba. The cats are called Kalypso and Katkat (Katrine).

Names are so hard, esp because I know so many dog names from teaching classes. I've taught one Gidget but no Kismet.

I am so jealous! What an absolute cutie! I love the name Kismet!

You must be beyond ecstatic!
With all the trauma in you life it is wonderful to brighten your future with this little cutie!

Can’t wait to see all the new pictures!
 
I want to reach through the screen and grab her up and kiss that face! How adorable! Which is what I would end up calling Kismet--Kissy LOL and Gidget would end up GG. I never can leave a name well enough alone.
But of those two names she looks more Gidget to me.
What's her registered name?
I figured she'd end up Gidg or Kizz half the time too. She doesn't have a registered name yet, but the breeder will need to do it before I pick her up so it would be nice if she could include her call name. Atm she just answers to pup,pup,pup.
 
Oh my goodness, congratulations Caro! She's absolutely gorgeous...I'm jealous lol!
A puppy! She's just precious!
I like Kismet, how about Fate, Faith, Grace, Claire, Quinn or Alex. Hard to think of a name without the a or y ending!
I had also thought of Hope (after Tully's mum) but family vetoed it as a 'bogan' name (a bogan is like your red neck) or Moirai (Greek godesses of Fate). Gosh naming girls is hard. Boy dog names are much easier.
 
I am so jealous! What an absolute cutie! I love the name Kismet!

You must be beyond ecstatic!
With all the trauma in you life it is wonderful to brighten your future with this little cutie!

Can’t wait to see all the new pictures!

More like scared! 3 girl dogs, 2 female cats, will be very estrogen heavy in my house! I'm still flat on my back and stuck in Melb but she's a pretty perfect little girl, the breeder definitely offered the cream of the litter. But I had to pick her up as the breeder is going away. Lucky the breeder is showing at the state border next Friday so I can pick her up half way home. just hoping my back holds up for the drive - and to bend over to a pup.
 
Congratulations on your new puppy! She is so cute and looks very sweet. What fun!
My vote is for Kismet, but either one would be cute!
 
Back
Top