Sandstorm - pee and poo outing

That is hysterical and impressive ! Good boy, Sandstorm.

I use commands as well, but I'm almost positive that Snap would not have heard anything after the cookie word.
 
Lucky you...!

Chelsea used to doddle a lot, take her time, some things you just don't rush. I'd try to coax her with 'Let's Hurry...' that often, that she associated the word Hurry with peeing. People get strange looks on their faces when you say to your dog, 'Let's go Hurry'. Spring time was the worst time of year. Snow going, and after a long winter, she had to find the last little bit of snow to pee on. Didn't matter how small it was, if there was snow around, she couldn't do it on the ground.

April likes to enjoy the outing as well. Circle, sniff, circle some more, sni...hey,that's a new smell, gotta go check it out..., remember what she's out for in the first place, walk around, sniff, circle, sniff, sniff, squat. Funny, when she finally squats, Dad grins. It's such a relief...it feels sooo good. :-)
 
Well Done! I managed to train my forever pup, Timber to do that. I used "Be Quick" and it always worked.

I never had much luck with either Bacca or Indy though. Fortunately, I've always had fenced yards, so "being quick" is not a huge issue here!
 
Ummm- I think I forgot to mention that it is quiet out when Sandstorm does this. :sadsmile:
It is a quiet neighborhood, so maybe that is why we are successful! However, I came home today and SS had pooped on the rug by the door- maybe he heard the word poop on T.V.?? :eek2:

Sandstorm here:
I have rights! Mom shud not tell you when I poop in the house! I will call the union! Yes I heard poop come from the T.V. so I pooped. I am a good dog! If it is noise outside I cannot pee and poop- I am a dog and mom shud clean the yard better for new poops!
 
That is hysterical and impressive ! Good boy, Sandstorm.

I use commands as well, but I'm almost positive that Snap would not have heard anything after the cookie word.

That was my thought to with these guys here.If it sounds like cookie,they know its food,and they would totally forget what the heck they were out for to begin with.

I just open the door,and let them go to thier "special" areas.When I see 4 dogs all stammering on the back steps,I know there done~Sometimes all 4 try to get on the same step:smile2:
 
Yay SS, except for the inside poop incident.

Toffee does this... I have to let him out before I go to work, I say go Pee and he find the spot to do it, it's like he is working he is so focused, lol
Then I also say, hey you have to Poop? And if he does he goes to a good spot and poops, then comes running for his cookie back inside, if he doesn't have to poop he runs straight to the door after the pee so I know he doesn't have to poop.
Works like a charme


Now reading this I am thinking wow, I really am weird :biggrin2: But I bet not the only one around here!!
 
Puts a whole new slant on Pavlov's dog - like drooling at the bell maybe his bowels just go loose when he hears the word:lol:
 
So what happens if you tell him to poop and he doesn't have too? :biggrin2:
:lol: He just looks at me! Except when the T.V. says "poop"!!


Puts a whole new slant on Pavlov's dog - like drooling at the bell maybe his bowels just go loose when he hears the word
That would be great when it is pooring rain!


[/QUOTE= Toffee's Mom] Now reading this I am thinking wow, I really am weird :biggrin2: But I bet not the only one around here!![/QUOTE]
No, we are very weird here too. We blame it on the weather.

I just open the door,and let them go to thier "special" areas.When I see 4 dogs all stammering on the back steps,I know there done~Sometimes all 4 try to get on the same step:smile2:
That is so cute, I wish I could see it. Sandstorm was good today!! Now I am thinking that the times when he did not spend allot of time outside before work are the days (only two) when I have come home to poop by the door. Hmmm- there goes the T.V. theory.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top