Shampoo

PitterPatter

Forums Enthusiast
I washed Lacey with a new shampoo and the fragrance was just overwhelming. It was about to get to me that night, so it couldn't have been good for her. It was the Fresh and Clean Brand. If you want the scent to linger long after the bath, then this is the shampoo for you. It does smell good in the bottle. It was like being around someone with too much perfume applied to their body.

Any recommendations on one that has basically no scent. Should I stick with my old puppy shampoo? I would like to get it at a store, opposed to having to order.
 
Well only because I wanted to try it,and the price was good,I ordered some Chris Christenson products. I only ordered the 4 piece sampler pack. The shampoo is wonderful,it only takes a small amount,and the after bath rinse is also great,and a nice smell.Not over powering at all.

It did come with a bottle of Ice & Ice,which many here love it. Now that I have used all 4 of them,I will only pick what I want,to reorder again.

Shampoo's & conditioners,the internet is saturated with products.:eek2:
Espree makes some great products,and I may go that route,as it is available to me without having to order.

I will say that for many years I only used baby shampoo on foster pups. I'm sure many folks here will have thier fav's,that is how I decided to order from Cherry Brook,because of thier recommendations.

Our Earnhardt cannot use baby shampoo it because of skin issues(typical lab skin)
 
I went to:
www.cherrybrook.com

On the home page,you will see first one on the left,Chris Christenson products,just click on that. There are two pages of items,the sampler kit is on the 2nd page.It's only $10.00,and it gives you all 4 products. You do have a chice of what one you would lke. I ordered White on White.

Lots of choices of shampoos & conditioners,they even carry the Espree products if I remember correctly.You may like to brouse Plush Puppy also~
 
www.cherrybrook.com

You can also find out if they will be at a dog show in your area, if you live on the east coast. There are no bargins with Cherrybrook, but if you catch them at a show, you don't have the shipping expense. Try www.petedge.com for shampoos etc.,first. They are very inexpensive on many items. Unfortunately, they don't carry all the products that we use on the show dogs, like the Chris Christensen line.
 
Plush Puppy is another good shampoo. I have a bottle but I haven't actually used it yet. Smudge got a bath every two weeks with his mange so there was no need to give him even more baths! :eek2:

You can ask *Caro about the scent, because she has actually used it on both of her dogs. It smells nice in the bottle, but I'm not sure how it is after you've used it. A Plush Puppy employee suggested the primrose shampoo for shelties to me when I asked:

http://www.plushpuppyusa.com/shampoo.html

I have the smaller bottle. If you want to see how big the bottle is then I can post my pictures up for you. It's about as tall as a coke can but not as wide.
 
I'll second (or third?) the Chris Christensen line. It's all we've ever used on Bentley. It makes him smell "clean" but it doesn't really have a scent, and it has never dried out his skin or coat.
 
I have some of the CC stuff, but I don't own their shampoo. The Ice on Ice is good stuff. :yes: It doesn't have a strong smell at all.

Their brushes are nice as well! :biggrin2:
 
So on the C.Christensen shampoo's. Hopefully it doesn't have a coconut smell. Also, what color do you buy? Lacey is a very golden red. Do you get the white-on-white for the ruff and then? Do I buy gold or red? Also, do you then follow up with conditioner, or just use the Ice product?

I do have the Ice product and some of the brushes. Just hated to think I had to order dog shampoo. Heck, I don't get that picky with my own shampoo. Well she is a pretty spoiled rotten dog.:yes:
 
I just read all the descriptions of all the shampoos in the line.I decided to go with the White on White,because it said it would be perfect for all colors. I will say though,I did use the shampoo on Earnhardt,and since he is so light & has many pure white areas,it did an awesome job of brightening him up.

It is bluish,purpley color,don't be alarmed it will not turn your dog blue! And no,it does not smell like coconut,actually has a very slight fragrance,almost unoticable~

The After Bath & the Conditioner that came with the sampler pack,both are awesome! They have a really nice fragrance,I know Trapp & Earnhardt smelled so good afterwards.
 
Back
Top