Sheltie lost: Columbus, NJ. Need prayers.

findafriend

Forums Novice
I am new to your forum and I hope you don't mind me asking for you help. My friend Loretta just called me in tears. She was on vacation in D.C. and got a call last night from her inlaws that her dear Sheltie Heidi was missing. Her love for this dog is beyond words. I just can't imagine what she is going through. She packed up last night and drove back to NJ to look for her.

She had dropped Heidi off at her inlaws, about a 30min. drive from her house on Monday. They have watched Hiedi many times before without incident but apparently last night something spooked her and she bolted out of the yard.

She is 12 years old, suffers from arthritis and recently diagnosed with cataracts. It does not help that for the past 24 hours it has been cold and rainy. But she is a very smart pup and I am hoping she has found a nice warm dry place to bed down.

Please spare some good thoughts/prayers for the safe return of this sweet girl and for my dear friend Loretta. If you are near Columbus NJ please keep your eyes peeled.

heidimissing.jpg


2008_09010023.jpg
 
findafriend, I am so very sorry. Two years ago something similar happened to my Rachie. She was spooked and ran out the front door. It was cold and raining the day this happened. It took two weeks of nonstop searching. WE made 500 lost dog pamphlets and offered a large reward. We posted then everywhere...stores, vet clinics, garbage collection areas...everywhere we could, even a few churches. Because my Rachie was a service dog and on meds I was terrified. A local TV station did a piece on her and begged for help. I put an ad in the paper weekly. It took 2 weeks and someone finally called after they saw the "Large Reward" offered on the pamphlet. Rachie had been taken after she ran to a place she was familiar with...the grocery store. The man found her in the store and coaxed her with food then took her home. THey had intentions of keeping her. She was microchipped but they never took her to be checked..they never called Animal Control or the Humane Society to see if she had been reported missing. Because Rachie had been trained as a showdog she was very well trained. She was a catch for this guy. The Reward was the only thing in my case that enticed him to return her. When people called I never told them how much since I feared they would try and give me a differant dog. They even renamed Rachie. It was the worst 2 weeks of my life.

I will pray that your friends dog is found. Tell her to look in areas she may be familiar with (the dog) and flood everywhere they can with signs and offer a reward.
 
My thoughts are with your friend and her family. I hope they find Heidi soon. I will cross post this on myspace later. I will also cross post on a few forums on Yahoo. I hope it helps. Big prayers from me and my girls that she finds her way home soon!
 
May St. Francis Guide her home!!

Please Saint Francis Guide this elder Sheltie back home where she is loved and familiar with. Her Mom is frantic. please guide her home safely!!
Amen

Hugs to you and please keep us updated.
Elaine and Kiara
 
Website to Post Lost Dogs

Findafriend -

I cross posted your message to as many groups as I could. One suggestion came back for your friend so please give her this information. Tell her to post her dog on dogdetective.com. I hope that helps! Good luck!
 
We'll pray for your friend and her beautiful dog.

Sheltiemom has some great advice, sadly some people need the motivation of a Large Reward to really look out for a missing dog and return the dog once found.
 
I hope they find her safe and sound. I don't know what I'd do if my little boy was lost.

Prayers and well wishes for her safe return.
 
Back
Top