Sheltie lost: Columbus, NJ. Need prayers.

Heidi's Mom...hang in there. I know the feeling of despair and at night the feeling of hopelessness, but shelties are amazing and they always know where to go to be found it seems. Like I mentioned my Rachie went to the one place she was familiar with. A friend who is a reknown Pet Psychic (no I am not whacko), told me in cases like this the dog will usually go to a place she is familiar with. My friend even told me Rachie was probably about 1/4 to half a mile from home. Rachie was found about a 1/4 mile from our house. I truly understand what you are going through. Life just seems so empty when they are not there.

My prayers are with you and Heidi. She is probably scared and wondering when mom will be back too
 
Heidi's Still Missing

Just an update on the progress searching for Heidi. I have not found her yet. We have received a few calls reporting that she has been seen, approx 2miles away from my in-laws home. We searched those areas with no success. We had one call reporting her 6 miles away in another township, we checked it out anyway, but much to my disappointment... No Heidi. It is so difficult responding to these calls. My hope gets high, then in a blink of an eye , it is gone. How it breaks my heart. It is such an emotional strain. Yet I continue to hope that she will get tired, and go to someone for help. I have followed all the tips for finding her,now I am going to try placing my scent in the area that she was last reported seen and continue to my in-laws home. I hope that my scent will bring her home. I just don't know what else to do. I pray alot to give me comfort. I hope soon my prayers will be answered. Will keep everyone up to date with the process. Thanks
 
Dear Heidi's Mom, we're all praying so hard. I hope you have an opportunity to place a live trap or two, but somehow I know she'll be found. Keep up the posters, ads -- get yourself on TV, do anything you have to. Also, try getting the word out to children in schools nearby -- kids see things adults miss.

Sending love to you from Nattering Springs -- and to Heidi.
 
Many hugs to you Heidi's mom, I can only imagine how hard this must be for you...we're thinking about you here, and hoping for some good news soon.
 
Don't lose hope!

I am so sorry that you haven't found Heidi yet, but I am sure you will. There was a story here in Connecticut a few years ago about a missing Sheltie in the next town. Her owners searched and searched, and she was never found...until two years later! It was all over the papers when she turned up. Shelties are very resourceful and you must keep faith. Don't give up hope!

I am sure you've done this already, but do try calling all the vets in your area and posting pictures in their offices. They are wonderful about getting the word out.

There is also a great alert system online called helpmefindmypet.com where you can create a web page of your pet with all the pertinent information like tag numbers, markings, and contact numbers. The site creates a poster and sends a bulletin to a network of pet shelters, groomers, vets and stores within a 50-mile radius. Each network member posts at least five flyers with a photo and hotline number. It's only $19.

I will say extra prayers to St. Francis and St. Anthony (finder of lost things and patron of miracles) that Heidi finds her way home. Lots of hugs to you too in this difficult time.
 
We have been thinking about you and praying for Heidi to come home too. Chris has a great idea about telling the kids at the local school. They do see things that we don't . I hope Heidi comes home soon! My thoughts are with you and Heidi!

Big wags and licks from my girls!
 
Try not to loose hope Heidi's Mom! It sounds as if you're so close! I know that its frustrating that you've had tips but not found her yet but look at it this way, better some tips than none at all. At least you know that she's out there somewhere trying to get home and that no none has taken her and tried to keep her.

I love Chris' ideas, especially the one about the school kids. When I was a little girl I came home with lost cats, dogs, a white rabbit, toads and even found a parrot. Kids love animals, especially dogs so there's a good chance one might see Heidi.

We're thinking about you and keeping our fingers crossed that she's found soon. Take Care and try not to lose hope!
 
What I heard about leaving your sent was to actually to use a spray bottle with some of your own urine in it with added water in it. This is saposed to be the best way to leave your sent ( hey if it helps bring them home ) She's probably hiding till she gets good and hungry! Poor little girl I hope you make it home soon!

Nina
 
Heidi's mom-

Hang in there! I know it is tough but you have to remain positive. The fact that there have been sightings is a good thing. If you have not done so already, get your hands on a humane trap that you cn use when you get her located in a more specific area. When Izzie was missing I was told hat when Shelties are on the run they become feral and often will not respond to their owners voice and may even run from their owners. I am sure this was the case with Izzie as we caught her in the trap near where she ran from. We had been on foot in that area every day during the 11 days she was gone.

We set the trap after there had been a few sightings. We put some of my dirty socks near the trap and baited the trap with tuna. After about a week, it worked.

Keep looking and remember Shelties are very resourceful and bounce back quickly. Izzie is living proof.

I will keep you and Heidi in my prayers.
 
Dear Heidi's Mom

We're still praying here at Nattering Springs, and I'm sure all of Sheltie Nation is, too. Keep the faith for Heidi -- every day we look to see if she has come home. We care. :yes:
 
Back
Top