Sheltie Lure Coursing!

Toffee's Mom

Forums Sage
This was our third try and the FIRST time Toffee took two rounds around the WHOLE football field, a friend filmed just the second half, but I couldn't be prouder of my little guy!! The first two tries in the past he would chase for ten metres first and second try about 40, then it was too far from the Mothership... he is my shadow after all, lol

He usually wouldn't leave me for that far but I knew he'd like the sport for it's chasing aspects!! TODAY he did better than my favourite Borzoi!
If any of you get the opportunity you should definitely try it, I think many Shelties would enjoy just the nature of the chase alone :D

It is just a fun match, it's a performance club that sometimes offers this as a fundraiser, 5 bucks a run, two minutes, all breeds allowed :D
I didn't try out Spruce yet, he's not into chasing as much (unless it is Toffee) and it was getting too hot so I wouldn't have ran him anyhow.
Next time will get him out there too...


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJlr20bbDIg
 
Toffee looked great! But now I want to try it with F-kap! Jody would be good at it to. Gaaaaaaah! I can't get interested in another sport! Fly ball, agility, hearding, rally, conformation, obedience, cart pulling... what's next?! I want to do them all!:eek2:
 
Toffee looked great! But now I want to try it with F-kap! Jody would be good at it to. Gaaaaaaah! I can't get interested in another sport! Fly ball, agility, hearding, rally, conformation, obedience, cart pulling... what's next?! I want to do them all!:eek2:

lol, it's ALL FUN

I liked that link Shelli sent, what a great idea
Six does it, too? I betcha he's a fast lil guy! I think it's a great day of fun.
I can't wait for another one, lol Don't care about titles... but if there was a trial around I'd enter, of course wouldn't be able to beat the Borzois and other dogs that he would be lumped in with and couldn't outrun, hahaha
but he can cover that much in 2 minutes and I think he'd stay on the lure, since a good chase never gets old for him LOL
 
I've never seen Toffee run so fast. Really cool!

They offered the AKC CAT lure test at one of the recent trials I went to. I regret not signing Bailey up. I think she would love it, but might be confused at first. Hopefully a club offers it again soon, I'd love to see how Bailey would react.
 
I've never seen Toffee run so fast. Really cool!

They offered the AKC CAT lure test at one of the recent trials I went to. I regret not signing Bailey up. I think she would love it, but might be confused at first. Hopefully a club offers it again soon, I'd love to see how Bailey would react.

lol, I never seen him run that fast ;) Ok, I lie he runs that fast for wave herding or truck herding, sometimes shorter sprints for Frisbee...

Toffee was very unsure at first as well, the sound of the lure, was also weird to him, and the first two times was like are u SURE u want me to go away from you THAT far?? lol But he took some running starts but just didn't complete the course all the way.
But after two trials this was by far his best, he had NO doubts what his job was ANNNND he's one of few dogs I know that likes verbal directions while running and doesn't get distracted or confused but knows it's encouragement. (my instructor calls it my verbal diarrhea, lol... she lets me have it, cuz T isn't fizzed or gets pulled off obstacles by my voice)
He also knows a 'go on' and 'get it' cue, so those came in handy for me.
You should totally see if you can get Bailey on to it, I think she'd love it as well!!
 
Last edited:
Back
Top