sheltie suddenly = back legs collapsed

I am really sorry to hear.

All I can offer is a friend with a PBGriffon had a similar experience with her dog going suddenly lame, she went to numerous vets with different diagnosis and had a couple of recommendations of putting the dog down. In the end she went to a locum vet who was also a Prof of vet sci and he diagnosed cruciate ligament straight away. Now I thought cruciates were easy to diagnose but apparently not, she had all kinds of scans and they didnt show a cruciate problem. Her PBG has since had her ligaments replaced and is back to her old self.
 
Dow (honorary Sheltie) used to pop his back out every couple of years but he was in agony until i popped back it. I used to get him off the tile and to either grass (preferred) or carpet so he could get traction. I am sure that would have shown up on a xray though.
 
So very sorry your precious furbaby is going through this :no:. Between your Vets and here with the Vets that are on the forum, I'm sure something will turn up..

Again, so sorry, please keep the forum posted :sadsmile:
 
Dear St. Francis, this is an emergency. A little Sheltie can't walk. Please send wisdom to the vets and help them discover what's wrong with this dear one. Send comfort and strength to his family and let them know we all are hoping for the very best outcome.
In His name,
Amen :sadsmile:
 
so if it is FCE improvement within 3 weeks will give better prognosis....
since there is no cure for FCE doing myelogram makes no sense?
 
My late sheltie woke up one Sunday morning and could not stand or walk. I took her to 2 emergency vets and neither could find the problem and I refused to leave her in a place I did not know. I had to wrap a towel under her belly to help her go out. Monday morning her vet did some bllod work and it came back clean. She suspected ehrlichiosis and started her on doxy. She sent blood to Colorado and it came back positive, but she was already improving and able to walk. Did anyone suggest doxy ...it could not hurt for 2-3 days.
 
I'm so sorry for the pain and suffering you and your baby are going through.

At first I thought that it seemed like some kind of ligament damage (brought on my rought play outside), but the inability to urinate does not coincide with that.

I wish I could do more than just send to you my heartfelt thoughts and prayers!
 
Joining in for prayers to St. Francis for your pup.

Dear St. Francis, this is an emergency. A little Sheltie can't walk. Please send wisdom to the vets and help them discover what's wrong with this dear one. Send comfort and strength to his family and let them know we all are hoping for the very best outcome.
In His name,
Amen :sadsmile:

Until you find out what's going on do you have access to a doggy wheelchair? They make them just for such cases when pups lose use of mobility through accident or other reasons. I will look up the site and submit it for you.
 
Back
Top