Another Quick update
I had an email from Mika, a volunteer at Sheltie Rescue-Japan.
We have been in contact about the Shelties which were rescued.
Mika wanted me to know when they returned to the Owners home and "Tried" to bring the dogs left behind out, 2 were not retrieved. They retreated under the Owners home and would not come out. They were not able to capture these two dogs, they are very shy and the Owner will have to bring the dogs out herself if she returns to the Exclusion zone. We already know people who are escorted into the zone to retrieve personal possessions will not be allowed to remove Pets.
I could tell this was very upsetting to Mika.
Here is the response
"Japan goverment will kill them, and all dogs&cats because without any rescue."
I am not going to include the link I received from Mika. It is Very Graphic and is part of the Darkness which this disaster has brought. It comes from a Japan Rescue group who was working inside the zone and has removed many animals and was feeding farm animals.
I am not an Activist only an animal Lover. This disaster has brought to light how helpless Governments are when dealing with something of this Magnitude. People of Japan are Polite and do not question authority, but it would seem Times are a Changing.
The link below was a protest in front of TEPCO headquarters by Farmers (many of whom are in their 70's and 80's) from the affected Area. It's not in English but they do get the point across.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XTmYuPgnBlU&feature=youtu.be