Shelties in AP Picture Rescued by Japan Sheltie Rescue

I just saw a post on FB. It was first said there were 19 and there were actually 29 and thank God all are safe.

Wow...that is great news. I hope that they test free from radiation. Somewhere I read that they were having problems with the dog's urine testing high from radiation.
 
Wow...that is great news. I hope that they test free from radiation. Somewhere I read that they were having problems with the dog's urine testing high from radiation.
Very True, animals who were dependent on finding their own water are not showing outward signs of Radiation, but radiation was found in liquid waste when the dogs urinated. This was due to drinking contaminated water.

These were not the Shelties shown in the AP photo but a couple of dogs brought in by rescue groups and taken in for testing. I understand those contaminated dogs are now under a Vets Care.

I have emailed the Rescue group in Japan hoping they will be able to give us an update on the Rescued Shelties condition. But of course that may not be forthcoming:smile2: so we will hope the owner is happy they have been removed and in good care. I believe, from what I could translate the Rescue is willing to hold Survivors animals in good care until they can settle their daily lives back to a more normal routine, if there will ever be such a thing for people affect by all this.

And you know what, if the animals are found to have contamination and can not be saved, they will not be dying an awful, slow painful death by burning up from Radiation sickness. They will be with people who care for them and gave them comfort.
 
Japan Sheltie Rescue UPDATE

I emailed the Japan Sheltie Rescue Group and very politely requested information on the Dogs taken out of the Zone which were shown in the AP picture. I told them if they did not want to Reply I understood that.

I received a Very Nice response to my request and will post that here:

Sheila-san
Hello,
I am Mika Sasaki at sheltie-rescue Japan.

About Shelties reported with CNN :
shelties protected 18 on the afternoon of the tenth.
Doses of radiation were checked. There is healthily no influence.
After receiving the medical treatment, shelties become homestays.
3-4 was not able to be captured though it was regrettable.
Therefore, it visits again for the purpose of protection.

Our homepage is written only in Japanese. However,
I think that there is the United States that worries, too.
We will report in English short one of these days.

It seems 18 of the dogs are safe and clean and in Foster homes. They will be going back to try and rescue the others. What a Wonderful Group of people and once again 18 more out of the Zone.

If I receive any more info. I will be sure to share:smile2:
 
I am so happy they were rescued. Perhaps they'll gather the rest soon once the ban is lifted.
 
Oh, thanks so much!! I'm so releived that they're planning to go back and get the rest of the Shelties. :smile2:
 
So relieved to hear that most of them have been rescued, but so worried for the rest of them. I can imagine what the poor breeder must be going through.

The photo of all of them running free and alone just about broke my heart.
 
Back
Top