ghggp
Moderator
Unfortunately, today Beau had his ultrasound and has been diagnosed with Gallbladder Disease!
The recommendation is for surgery. He is 6 now and healthy enough to withstand the procedure.
I am struggling with the whole concept.
"On his ultrasound we noted an emerging gallbladder mucocele. This is a ball of inspissated or congealed bile that forms within the gallbladder"
I found a video on YouTube which gives great information (although technical at times).
Gallbladder Mucocoeles in Dogs: Where Are We Now? April 2021
Some screen captures I found helpful...
Shocking that using Flea Medication can increase the risk of Gallbladder issues!
Still in shock and trying to process it all...
The recommendation is for surgery. He is 6 now and healthy enough to withstand the procedure.
I am struggling with the whole concept.
"On his ultrasound we noted an emerging gallbladder mucocele. This is a ball of inspissated or congealed bile that forms within the gallbladder"
- Gall Bladder- Abnormal- there is a kiwi-appearing consolidation of gallbladder
- Sediment with multiple stellate tendrils adhered to the gallbladder wall.
- The gallbladder wall is mildly thickened and hyperechoic measuring 0.19cm.
- There is a mild amount of sediment that did move through the exam into the gallbladder neck.
- The bile duct is normal. No free fluid is seen.
I found a video on YouTube which gives great information (although technical at times).
Gallbladder Mucocoeles in Dogs: Where Are We Now? April 2021
Some screen captures I found helpful...
Shocking that using Flea Medication can increase the risk of Gallbladder issues!
Still in shock and trying to process it all...
Last edited: