Ok, so this is not how I wanted to get a new puppy AT ALL. She was a Christmas present.
So now, sitting in Smudge's crate with her tail tucked between her legs is my new tri sheltie puppy. It's a LOOOOONG story. 
So, anyway, Smudge hates her. He keeps swiping her with his paw, getting in her face, barking at her, and just plain being a bully.
I know this is stressful to him, but it is also stressing ME out.
I tried putting him on a leash and introducing her. Nothing doing. I tried being on the other side of the room giving him treats (trying to show that good things happen when she's around). This also did not work.
They HAVE to get along.
What am I going to do?!
So now, sitting in Smudge's crate with her tail tucked between her legs is my new tri sheltie puppy. It's a LOOOOONG story. 
So, anyway, Smudge hates her. He keeps swiping her with his paw, getting in her face, barking at her, and just plain being a bully.
I tried putting him on a leash and introducing her. Nothing doing. I tried being on the other side of the room giving him treats (trying to show that good things happen when she's around). This also did not work.
They HAVE to get along.
What am I going to do?!


I did try the treat thing, and it didn't seem to have much success. Maybe it just needs time. I sure hope so! :sadsmile:
They will warm up just give them time. I am betting with 2-3 weeks (tops) they will be best pals an hour is no where near enough to be welcomed into the pack.