Sneaky Little Bela

Jaynie

Forums Enthusiast
<sigh> It's been the day from heck, but I survived. :(

The land of north Georgia is a cold, wet, rainy, windy place today. Bela has never liked rain (or even sprinkles :rolleyes2:), and with the wind and the cold, she has become Miss PrissyPants at the worst possible time. Heaven help me if it snows any this winter!

So I take the girls out this morning for the pre-breakfast walkie. Gracie enthusiasticly squats and takes care of business. But what does Princess Bela do? She sniffs daintily at the wet, cold grass and performs a split-second (and I do mean split-second) squat. She could not possibly have taken care of ANY business. Then, she looks up at me with the "I'm finished, let's go back inside" look, and starts heading for the door. I am meanwhile getting extremely wet myself and not too pleased. I wait until Gracie is finished and take them both back inside. Back into the crate Her Ladyship goes.......

.......for about an hour, then I take her out again, alone. Again, we get the cursory squat, and look lovingly into my face, expecting praise. Then looks confused when praise is not forthcoming. Back in the crate we go.

I had an appointment that just would not wait, so I had to leave her for about three hours. I get back, expecting her to be virtually crossing her back legs in agony. Yes, she's glad to see me, but when I take her promptly out, again we get the squat. Back in the crate.

Hubby gets home unexpectedly early, and I ask him to walk both dogs. (It is now 3 pm, and Bela has yet to go and has, in fact, spent almost the entire day in her crate. I am beginning to consider she might need to go to the vet for a checkup.)

After a few minutes outdoors, everyone comes back in. I ask, "Did Bela go?" Hubby says she did. I asked what was different. Turns out, he put dry newspaper over the grass and Princess Bela didn't have to get her precious little footies wet.

Can I scream now????!!!!!
 
<sigh> It's been the day from heck, but I survived. :(

The land of north Georgia is a cold, wet, rainy, windy place today. Bela has never liked rain (or even sprinkles :rolleyes2:), and with the wind and the cold, she has become Miss PrissyPants at the worst possible time. Heaven help me if it snows any this winter!

So I take the girls out this morning for the pre-breakfast walkie. Gracie enthusiasticly squats and takes care of business. But what does Princess Bela do? She sniffs daintily at the wet, cold grass and performs a split-second (and I do mean split-second) squat. She could not possibly have taken care of ANY business. Then, she looks up at me with the "I'm finished, let's go back inside" look, and starts heading for the door. I am meanwhile getting extremely wet myself and not too pleased. I wait until Gracie is finished and take them both back inside. Back into the crate Her Ladyship goes.......

.......for about an hour, then I take her out again, alone. Again, we get the cursory squat, and look lovingly into my face, expecting praise. Then looks confused when praise is not forthcoming. Back in the crate we go.

I had an appointment that just would not wait, so I had to leave her for about three hours. I get back, expecting her to be virtually crossing her back legs in agony. Yes, she's glad to see me, but when I take her promptly out, again we get the squat. Back in the crate.

Hubby gets home unexpectedly early, and I ask him to walk both dogs. (It is now 3 pm, and Bela has yet to go and has, in fact, spent almost the entire day in her crate. I am beginning to consider she might need to go to the vet for a checkup.)

After a few minutes outdoors, everyone comes back in. I ask, "Did Bela go?" Hubby says she did. I asked what was different. Turns out, he put dry newspaper over the grass and Princess Bela didn't have to get her precious little footies wet.

Can I scream now????!!!!!

OK, I know I shouldn't laugh, but..................... :lol: :lol:
 
Oh dear, that is too funny.

My dogs relish being up to their eyeballs in mud and are very happy when it's a good soaking rain. Then they bitch and moan when I put them in the tub to wash feet.
 
I'm sorry, but thank you for the good laugh:lol: How sweet of your hubby to make sure Princess Bela was well taken care of!!
 
How cute is that!? What a good daddy Princess Bela has!!!

My Lottie will very often only pee once in an entire day. She's been that way since she got here. I'm pretty sure I pee once an hour!!!
 
Hours later, I can (fortunately) now see the humor. At the time, no way. Glad I gave you all a smile.

But Miss PrissyPants needs to get over her little pretend squatting. We don't get a newspaper often enough for her to have her own personal walkway to the designated pee destination.

I guess tomorrow we start some new training, if it's still wet.

I guess I'll have to start going out with a big golf umbrella to hold over the dogs, like my mom and dad used to do with Neechee while I was recovering from surgeries. (They spoiled him horribly.)

.......like THAT'S gonna happen!

(Wouldn't be so bad, her mini-squats, if she bothered to hold her tail out. Squatting with your tail under your feet reveals your sneaky intentions, Bela!)
 
Back
Top