Sneaky Little Bela

That is so funny! I love the part where she does her fake squat and looks confused when you don't praise her. :lol:

Oh princess Bela, next thing you know she will refuse to pee on the newspaper and demand a red carpet to do her business :razz:.
 
I laughed as well (and then someone barked at me) !

Or..... your husband could do walks on rainy, snowy, windy days. --- Just kidding.
 
Hours later, I can (fortunately) now see the humor. At the time, no way. Glad I gave you all a smile.

But Miss PrissyPants needs to get over her little pretend squatting. We don't get a newspaper often enough for her to have her own personal walkway to the designated pee destination.

I guess tomorrow we start some new training, if it's still wet.

I guess I'll have to start going out with a big golf umbrella to hold over the dogs, like my mom and dad used to do with Neechee while I was recovering from surgeries. (They spoiled him horribly.)

.......like THAT'S gonna happen!

(Wouldn't be so bad, her mini-squats, if she bothered to hold her tail out. Squatting with your tail under your feet reveals your sneaky intentions, Bela!)

Our little maltese mix was a princess about peeing in the cold and wet so we tried setting up one of those little portable plastic greenhouses just outside her dog door. Seemed like a good idea to keep her dry while nature called but apparently the two feet of open air to get there was too much.:rolleyes2: We even tried nicknaming it 'Princess Petey's Pee Pee Palace' in hopes that her highness would like the regal name but it was a bust. Turns out that getting a sheltie was the answer, now she likes to go out with them!!
 
Apparently, Shelties born in the South (SBITS) do not, in general, approve of wet, rainy weather. Nor do they approve of dry leaves getting caught in their belly fur, grass that is long enough to touch their belly fur, or red Georgia clay getting caught in between their footpads. I can't attribute it to the male/female thing, since I've had both and they both had the same opinionated attitudes.

I was speechless when I first caught Bela's courtesy squat. I thought, no, that CAN'T be what she's doing. It took me a couple of days to catch on. Sometimes Shelties are so smart it's scary.
 
That is so funny.:lol:

I guess the northern born shelties are just pleasantly surprised when it is nice. Diva and Ember are mud pigs. They like nothing better than getting dirty and muddy. Justice doesn't mind but he doesn't love it like the girls. Don't know how Birch will be. So far he doesn't mind the cold and snow but he is not that into wet.
 
:lol: I'm sorry but it is funny.

I really can empathize though. Edan hates going out in the rain. I have to grab an umbrella and go out with him; I don't have to cover him with it but go out and suffer with him.

CJ, she'll go out in the rain and just stand there.
 
I feel your pain. I have a lot of trouble getting Bailey to do her business in the rain. Yesterday, it was raining pretty hard in the NYC area. Bailey held in her pee for 13 hours and didn't poop for 24 hours.
 
None of the three Shelties I have owned minded the weather at all. Ellie can't tolerate heat too much, but bring on the rain, snow, sleet--she doesn't care!
 
Back
Top