Subcutaneous Mast Cell Tumour

Thank you so much everyone. She is there now and they will call me around lunchtime when the op is done. Can pick her up later this afternoon. It was harder taking her in this time and she really didn't want to go, but I know I am doing the right thing for her and I can take comfort from that. I will report back later. <3
 
Vets have just rung, which was way to early for the op to be over and the call frightened the life out of me as so soon must mean bad news. But they were ringing to say Grace has an enlarged liver so they wanted permission to take a biopsy in case the cancer has spread there. I've agreed, as we need to know, but oh my word, I for a moment thought i'd lost her.
 
Vets have just rung, which was way to early for the op to be over and the call frightened the life out of me as so soon must mean bad news. But they were ringing to say Grace has an enlarged liver so they wanted permission to take a biopsy in case the cancer has spread there. I've agreed, as we need to know, but oh my word, I for a moment thought i'd lost her.
What an awful scare but hopefully the liver biopsy won't show spread. This is such a stressful time as you wait for news. Many of us have been where you are now and know all too well the emotional toll. Many hugs and prayers. Trini
 
Grace is home now. She is seriously drugged up and had to be carried to and from the car. But she won't settle very well. She had a short 10minute sleep and now she's up again. Her ears are flat against her head and she looks so unhappy.

The vet said the surgeon removed a lot from abdomen to give very big margins. It all sounded so very brutal. They can't confirm they have got everything and will wait for the results of the liver biopsy (next week) and the Ki67 test (2 weeks). For now no walks for 2 weeks. Meds for 7 days. Check up in 4 days and 10 days. And lots of prayers.

I cannot stop crying. My poor girl. It's all so very hard to deal with.
 
Grace is home now. She is seriously drugged up and had to be carried to and from the car. But she won't settle very well. She had a short 10minute sleep and now she's up again. Her ears are flat against her head and she looks so unhappy.

The vet said the surgeon removed a lot from abdomen to give very big margins. It all sounded so very brutal. They can't confirm they have got everything and will wait for the results of the liver biopsy (next week) and the Ki67 test (2 weeks). For now no walks for 2 weeks. Meds for 7 days. Check up in 4 days and 10 days. And lots of prayers.

I cannot stop crying. My poor girl. It's all so very hard to deal with.

Coming out from anesthesia can be tough. On treatment days when I picked Gavin up relatively soon after he was under, he wouldn't settle either. which wasn't ideal for an hour plus long car ride. My vet did NOT tell me to keep Gavin on crate rest when they should have, and his stitches popped. I was not really happy with vet instructions (or lack thereof) during Gavin's ordeal, so just be as conservative as possible. And meds will help reduce activity; I should have given all the optional 'if he is in pain' meds but no one told me their real purpose was to knock Gavin out so he could heal and not be active.

I started having Gavin sleep ON me during this. I would lay on the couch with my boy laying on my chest. It was comforting for both of us. He never let me do that before, but he became a great snuggler.
 
Back
Top