Surgery today....

EmbersMom

Forums Regular
Well, Ember is off to the vet awaiting her spay, dew claw removal and chip placement. It's kinda sad that they have no clue what's coming. It's good in a way to. I just always wonder if they are sitting in that cage tinking that they have been abandoned and that mom and dad aren't coming back? I know this stuff is routine and all, but there is always risk involved and I will spend the day worrying.:no: I'm supposed to be able to get her between 3 & 4 this afternoon, but they are supposed to call and give me an update after lunch. My poor baby. It sure is quiet around here without her. She was quite perturbed at me for not feeding her breakfast. She kept bariking at me and running in the kitchen!

By the way. She was weighed when she got there and is 11.5 lbs. at 22 weeks. This seems so big to me, as my other 2 'old' dogs only weigh 8 lbs. each!
 
Good luck Ember! I'm sure she'll be fine. She's not staying over night?

Her weight seems fine to me. Bailey is 7.5 pounds and 21 weeks. She's on the small end of the scale. So 11.5 pounds @ 22 weeks, sounds perfect to me
 
I just always wonder if they are sitting in that cage tinking that they have been abandoned and that mom and dad aren't coming back?

I think the exact same thing! :lol: I always get a terrible glare from him when I walk out of the vet's office without him!
 
Our vet has never required an over night stay. Nobody is there anyway during the night. When my Mocha had her tumor removals, she came home by 2p.m. Drop off is at 7 a.m. and that required a lot of muscle removal and a 4 inch incision (on an 8 lb. dog). All my pets (past and present) have always done fine. I think they recover better in the comfort of their own home. We do have a good E.R. vet hospital about 20 min. away if there is a problem. I guess some vets require an overnight stay???

Boy do I miss her. I'm not accomplishing a thing here at home with her on my mind!
 
awww she'll be home before you know it. don't worry.

The vet's in my area keep your dogs overnight. That's gonna be rough on me when Bailey gets spayed in December.
 
I am sure she will be fine but I know how nerve racking it is. Chinook had surgery 6 months ago and Maia is going for eye surgery on Monday, so I am right there with you.

I've always thought what they think when we leave them at the vets office too. I think the thought of them thinking I abandoned them is what makes me feel horrible.

I will keep Ember and you in my thoughts today!
 
We always tell ourselves not to worry and we always do anyway. My vet is very good too about calling when they are out of surgery to give an update. I'm a clock watcher until I get that call. Hope she does ok.
 
Good luck Ember! I'm sure she'll be fine. She's not staying over night?

Her weight seems fine to me. Bailey is 7.5 pounds and 21 weeks. She's on the small end of the scale. So 11.5 pounds @ 22 weeks, sounds perfect to me

Beckon is 19 pounds. Or was -- that was two weeks ago. By now he's probably moved from welterweight to middleweight!!

Whispering a quick prayer -- mostly that Ember can relax and trust.
 
I, too, always wonder if they think we are not coming back, especially puppies. I know, Cleveland knew we would always come back for him when he was older. There was just a different look when we left.

I hope by now, you have heard and now you are counting the time until she can come home.
 
Back
Top