Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
At least she's fixed and you don't have to worry about it anymore.Do all shelties have dew claws? I've never noticed! Is it something you have to have removed if they have them?

At least she's fixed and you don't have to worry about it anymore.Do all shelties have dew claws? I've never noticed! Is it something you have to have removed if they have them?
when he was born.Thank you for all your kind words. Ember is doing great. She's pretty mellow. She slept well with us (as always) and doesn't seem to be in pain.
We really struggled with the decision to have the dew claws removed. We certainly didn't want to put her through unnecessary trauma, but since it was a double dew claw (very strange looking) they were sort of curling around each other. The vet said she had a dog like that that she tried to leave go, but it was very difficult to trim those curled up nails and they wound up embedded in the skin. Ember also always chewed at them a lot, so they seemed to bother her. I hope we did the right thing and that it heals well. She goes back to the vet on Monday to have the bandages changed. I'm not sure how long she will have them on. She licks the bandages a lot and sometimes chews at them. They gave me an e-collar that I could use, but she is so pathetic in in. She can't even walk without tripping over it, so I'm just going to watch her as closely as possible. I thought maybe I could get some bitter apple to put on them if she chews?????