The great southern blizzard

Hey, at least you won't have to distill your own urine to drink this summer, ewww! I know! But we are in SUCH a bad way in Central CA. We are eating our livestock because there is no pasture for them. We have NO water in the reservoirs. Our snow pack is tiny. We are going to spontaneously combust this summer.
 
Hey, at least you won't have to distill your own urine to drink this summer, ewww! I know! But we are in SUCH a bad way in Central CA. We are eating our livestock because there is no pasture for them. We have NO water in the reservoirs. Our snow pack is tiny. We are going to spontaneously combust this summer.

We are absolutely better off....

I suspect it's all interrelated, when the warm currents visit California and cause draughts, we get wet.....
 
We have been under a state of emergency for over a week now! Shelby loves all this snow but I have had enough. We are getting another 12-14 inches today! On top of the 9 we had last week. I keep shoveling paths for her every hour or so. They are now so deep I can't see her over the piles of snow.
 
The guys are NOT impressed.

Olive isn't impressed either. The snow comes up past her chest - it will support one foot but as soon as she tries to support herself completely, she face plants. If we had moved to the suburb I want to, only 5 miles away, the snow would be over her head. We're the low spot for the area (7-9" compared to 14-18" everywhere else.)

It's warming up above freezing to get some melt on the roads that will freeze in a couple hours and with the additional snow coming tonight (1-3"), I anticipate another snow day tomorrow.
 
Clara bounded out the front door last week and went into a drift deeper than she is tall. She came out barking her head off at it. She hasn't tried to go out front since.
 
My girls are loving it too! Look how much higher than their heads the snow is! They are on my driveway, but that is where the blade cut through, now where the snow was stacked. The other picture is the mounds from the snow plow blades.
 

Attachments

  • snow dogs.jpg
    snow dogs.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 16
  • snow dogs 2.jpg
    snow dogs 2.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 16
Fasb seems fine, but I'm in a bad place. Too much snow, too many weather- related problems at home and work, just too many problems period. I feel like a bad owner for making Fasb suffer through this winter. The cold seems not to bother him, but I worry that's he's colder than he lets on.

Honestly, I feel bad for making him slog through this. If I knew a good family west of Colorado that wanted him, I'd consider re-homing him for his own good. I'd prefer he spend his last couple years in a comfortable environment. I'm kinda glad we don't know anyone who fits the bill. I'd miss him a lot.
 
Fasb seems fine, but I'm in a bad place. Too much snow, too many weather- related problems at home and work, just too many problems period. I feel like a bad owner for making Fasb suffer through this winter. The cold seems not to bother him, but I worry that's he's colder than he lets on.

Honestly, I feel bad for making him slog through this. If I knew a good family west of Colorado that wanted him, I'd consider re-homing him for his own good. I'd prefer he spend his last couple years in a comfortable environment. I'm kinda glad we don't know anyone who fits the bill. I'd miss him a lot.

Shelties LOVE the cold!!!!

I am so sorry that you are in such a bad place.
 
Back
Top