The moment you knew ...

2GoodDogs

Forums Enthusiast
that you had made the best possible choice, and that everything is going to be alright.

That moment happended for me this morning. I needed to get ready for work, puppy had not pooped yet... I left him in Justus' care and rapidly showered and dressed. I had not heard any chaos, which you know usually means bad things are happening... the curtains were probably being shred, the refrigerator raided, and when I braved opening the bathroom door ----

There they were, snuggled up side by side in Justus bed. Big dog, little puppy snuggling together like soul mates. Not one naughty deed had been done.

Mushy love. I love My 2 Good Dogs.

Puppy did poop before I left, and I can't wait for lunch to go see him! Justus gets the bestest "Uncle award" a chew bone for his afternoon delight!
 
Justus already got the award of a buddy :yes:

Sca and Spitfire terrorize each other but are best buddies for sure.
 
awww that is so cute. I'm pretty sure Honey still wishes we'd return Ruutu. :lol: Wait til we get our third :biggrin2:. I think the third and Ruu will be best buds though. Honey is just old and grumpy and just wants to kiss and be petted. She is my cuddle buddy.
 
My heart went out the first time I held him, like he belonged. He has been a good puppy to raise. However, he is just this rangy pet quality boring sable with a dark mask and too-long black tail and ears that don't match right now and at times I just look at how plain and kind ugly he is when everyone else's puppy is cute and more cute. BUT the moment I knew "I done good" was Saturday on our first outing when he just did it right from leash walking to greeting strangers to no accident in his first hotel room to enjoying shopping. I couldn't me more proud at that adventure. I got my road warrior and we have places to go and things to do.

Now to grow out of carsick, but I am sure he will.
 
Last edited:
I know. My little coyote. My two llamas are VERY concerned he is a coyote. They don't bat an eyelash at the other two dogs, but they are really watching this guy.

He will grow up just like gorgeous Aunt Emmy but for now, awkward!
 
They all grow through the awkward, sparse coat, long legs, ugly thing on the way to most. beautiful.dog.ever.

Cubby has a face full of intelligence and good character. He will likely be very noble and he is already handsome. I love his face!

Also worth remembering, Beauty is as beauty does. :D

Cute puppies aren't always the most handsome dogs, but of course - beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I just know I can look into my puppies face with love to last a lifetime.... even as it grows and changes.
I know Cubby is the dog of your dreams too... what a great time you two will have together!
 
Last edited:
You need to add him to your signature!

My Shay went through this truly horrifying phase about 5-6 months. He was all head and legs and then his hair started stripping out -- what it was was an all-black puppy was turning classic black n tan saddle. It looked like he had mange there for awhile. He is a stunning boy now, but oh boy was there that stage.

Cubby was a dark and cute pup. Now, awkward. His tail actually touches the ground too! I am sure he will be a noble and amazing adult. But, I just had to move my foot from under his head so I can work my pedal and THAT is just precious.
 
For me? I went to Raleigh to pick Fletcher up. The breeder went to get him out of the bedroom, put him in my arms, and in 5 seconds of holding him he was licking my face. I guess he picked me out too :razz:
 
Missy was very shy and not too sure about me the several times I visited her at the breeder. If I knew what I knew now about picking puppies, I probably wouldn't have brought her home simply because she didn't appear to have any interest in playing with me. But of course, it was all just an act. When I finally brought her home, she was a completely different dog, wiggly, crazy puppy who just wanted to go go go. Then I had a few days of, "What did I get myself into??" as this crazy puppy was ripping around my house and barking at me for attention constantly. I knew she was mine the first day I held her at almost 4 weeks old. Little bitty fluffy thing, half asleep. I think I knew she was going to be my best friend when she was around 13 weeks and we started puppy class. We just finally clicked and were on the same page. It did take me a really long time to bond with her just because of her energy level. She was simply too busy lol.
 
Back
Top