Trick Challenge #2 Jumping for Joy

labgirl

Forums Sage
After the precision we had to employ in the marching trick, I thought we all might enjoy something more active, so here it is.

The Basic Trick:
Teach your dog to jump through your arms

Advanced:
1) Get your dog to jump through your arms when you are standing
2) Have your dog do a sequence of jumps before rewarding
3) Have two dogs jump over your outstretched arms at the same time (not through them)

Here is how you do it;
1) Hold out your arm low and lure or wait for your dog to move over it. Reward.
2) When your dog is jumping your arm happily, place your other arm over the top to form a circle and ask them to jump through that (NB. Big dogs are sometimes best jumping over one arm and not trying to squeeze through two)
3) Start to raise the position of your arms, so your dog is jumping up and through them.

Here is a couple of vids to help;
(For some reason this one says it can't load, but if you wait a moment it does anyway)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/clips/p00lfmyc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh7z17pnzvo

What a better trick than this with the Olympics coming up? On your maps, get set, GO!
 
this looks like a trick that Tessa will be good at. she likes the jumping and walking on hind legs
 
Sounds like this one is just up Epic's street. Action is his middle name:winkgrin:

Having said that now we'll probably struggle to get it off the ground:o:lol:
 
Tried this last night , and we did ok ! This is a fun one , but i am going to have to think things through a little bit... I need someplace to put the treats that doesn't distract Sally. I usually have them in my pocket, but she seems more interested in them than what i want her to do.Hummm, this will require me to be smarter than Sally and i am not so sure how this will turn out!!! :wink2:
 
Um maybe Birch's brain will be back soon and we can start this one. Sound fun! I will try and record the marching we have to this point if I can get his attention away for the girl for 3 secs.(She is in standing heat now and he is a blubbering mess-poor guy). Justice never reacted this hard to girls but I guess Birch takes after his Daddy who is a major Don Juan. At least he isn't straving himself like Grizz does. :(
 
I wish I could try this one, but I don't think I can - Emma is just getting over the torn ligament and Liam his surgery. Natalie is too much of a wild child at present.
 
Back
Top