Trick Challenge #2 Jumping for Joy

Oohhh....good one!!! I've actually been wanting to teach this to Riley for a few months now, so here's the incentive to do it.

Day one- Riley can't seem to figure out how to jump my arm. He will jump a leg no problem, but arms.....let's just say that my right arm is currently all scratched up!!!:hide

We'll get there though, I'm determined!! Interestingly, i I hold hands with my DH, Riley will jump my arm....hhhmmm.....
 
Oooh! This is on my list of tricks to teach actually! I tried it once or twice. I'd hold one hand out like a bar, then use the other to "lure" over, and as the dog commits to the jump, I'd lift that hand over the dog.

My problem is when I put the hand over Romeo. Because he's slower in movement, I tend to move my hand to form the circle before he even commits to jumping, and he will move to where my hands are thinking there are treats there, instead of hopping over! :rolleyes2:

I will keep trying!
 
Trick Challenge

When teaching this trick please be carefull.Shadow knows this trick quite well.He caught me off guard a couple of times and I got smashed in the mouth and my tooth went through my lip.Once they get it is fun.May the best team win!!!
 
I started this trick yesterday with the ringer dog Justice. I started with Ember but she was suspious of my intentions and refused to play:rolleyes2: Justice, however, was more than willing.

Step 1-I held up my arm and lured Justice across just like the video. He ran up to my arm , sniffed my fingers and hand, leaned into my arm trying to get the treat, finally stepped, one foot at a time over my arm, got high centered on his um boy parts, looked pitiful and finally made it over. So I lower my arm and he readily stepped over, one foot at at time. But anytime I got about chest high the same thing would happen, he would get stuck on my arm or get high centered which ticked him off. I was at the point of thinking maybe he is too old to junp anymore.

So I tried once more and he ran up and leaned on my arm and tried to crawl over my arm. I had him back up and said Justice "hup" and he sailed over my arm. Yes! Then he seriously turned and looked at me and I swear he rolled his eyes and said "Good God, woman if thats what you wanted why didn't you say so.:mad:" SO we are up to him jumping over my arm readily now on command and are about to start adding the second arm.
 
Lovin the Justice story!:lol:

I haven't even started yet with it being Jubilee weekend! But watching the Queen's flotilla all afternoon yesterday was very nice.:smile2:
 
I started this trick yesterday with the ringer dog Justice. I started with Ember but she was suspious of my intentions and refused to play. Justice, however, was more than willing.

Step 1-I held up my arm and lured Justice across just like the video. He ran up to my arm , sniffed my fingers and hand, leaned into my arm trying to get the treat, finally stepped, one foot at a time over my arm, got high centered on his um boy parts, looked pitiful and finally made it over. So I lower my arm and he readily stepped over, one foot at at time. But anytime I got about chest high the same thing would happen, he would get stuck on my arm or get high centered which ticked him off. I was at the point of thinking maybe he is too old to junp anymore.

So I tried once more and he ran up and leaned on my arm and tried to crawl over my arm. I had him back up and said Justice "hup" and he sailed over my arm. Yes! Then he seriously turned and looked at me and I swear he rolled his eyes and said "Good God, woman if thats what you wanted why didn't you say so.:mad:" SO we are up to him jumping over my arm readily now on command and are about to start adding the second arm.

:lol::lol:
yes- why didn't you just say so:winkgrin:
 
I think I am going to cheat on this one and make Ellie jump through a Hoola Hoop. I have a hard time crouching or sitting cross-legged or anything on the floor. Ellie is also SO BIG, I don't know if I can make a "ring arm" big enough for her to get through. Add to that that Ellie is VERY ungraceful! I can see some head bumping or arm breaking (mine, not hers) happening.

I may not be eligible for the prize, but if I can get her to jump through the hoop, I think that will be fun!

We will be filming Ellie's marching this weekend. We need to find the appropriate march music.
 
This one is definitely much better for Lexi. I had my husband sit on the floor and with very little coaxing she jumped right through his arms! Not sure how far off the ground we can go, but it's worth a shot!
 
I am so hoping to get started with a least one dog this week, now that things seem to be turning the corner. If I can get one to do even one arm jump I will be happy.
 
This one was really easy after the marching trick! Ellie will do anything for a treat, so jumping through a big hoop was nothing to her. I made a couple of valiant efforts to sit on the floor and do the jump over the arm thing but there was no way could I do it. :o
 
Back
Top