Piper's mom
Moderator
Has anyone ever experienced a puppy having twitches? Every now and then Blueberry has this twitch/shake (really more of a twitch I’d say...not a seizure by any means). I started noticing it last week sometime, can’t pinpoint the exact day just that it was after her 12 week vaccination and after doing her ears.
I was wondering if it could be an allergic reaction to either the glue or the starter fluid the tape is sprayed with. Of course it could be a reaction to her vaccination but that was a week ago.
I removed her ear tape and glue (was also wondering if the tape could be pulling or pressing on a nerve?) and cleaned them up. I’m going to call the vet tomorrow, unfortunately she’s in surgery all day but hopefully by end of the day she’ll call me back and if needed I can get her in on Thursday when our vet takes appointments. She’s a normal puppy beyond this, happy, crazy playing, eating lots, good poops, drinking lots etc etc...just this strange twitch that only happens when she’s still. At first I thought it was because she was tired but it’s happening more frequently now. Fingers crossed that it’s something simple like an allergy...she’s certainly happier now that the tape is out!
I was wondering if it could be an allergic reaction to either the glue or the starter fluid the tape is sprayed with. Of course it could be a reaction to her vaccination but that was a week ago.
I removed her ear tape and glue (was also wondering if the tape could be pulling or pressing on a nerve?) and cleaned them up. I’m going to call the vet tomorrow, unfortunately she’s in surgery all day but hopefully by end of the day she’ll call me back and if needed I can get her in on Thursday when our vet takes appointments. She’s a normal puppy beyond this, happy, crazy playing, eating lots, good poops, drinking lots etc etc...just this strange twitch that only happens when she’s still. At first I thought it was because she was tired but it’s happening more frequently now. Fingers crossed that it’s something simple like an allergy...she’s certainly happier now that the tape is out!