Twitch

Heard back from the vet and because it really hasn’t happened today she said to chalk it up to puppy behaviour. Said it’s not a side effect from vaccination and she hasn’t heard of an allergy like that. They’re are neurological twitching but again it seems to have stopped so unlikely it’s that. She did say it could’ve been just her ears bothering her, pulling on her fur etc. Said to just keep an eye on her and if it happens again to try to get it on video.
We’re going to visit the breeder on Sunday, after this I think the breeder would like to see her pup again and see for her own eyes that she’s ok. I know I’m very relieved but still perplexed at what exactly it was...the one thing I considered was perhaps she wasn’t sleeping as much (today I’ve found her curled up going to sleep on the carpet, in the spare room lol) causing the twitch? Just a guess but I hope we don’t have to figure this one out again!
 
I’ll definitely talk to her about that Ann. She did do it again earlier this evening. I did get it on video but haven’t uploaded yet as our power was out.
I’m thinking it’s a puppy thing, breeder is thinking much worse. I did send the video to the vet to see.
If this continues or gets worse I’m guessing next step would be bloodwork and urinalysis. I’ll see what the vet says. Initially the breeder was thinking some head shake syndrome of some kind, I said no because it’s like a shiver runs through her, no side to side head movements.
Vet mentioned hiccups...do they hiccup in a strange way as pups?
 
Wow that is kinda scary! I hope this goes away soon!
I’m really thinking this is just a twitch that happens as she nods off. Seems to happen mostly after she’s been going for awhile. I think she starts to feel sleepy then has the twitch and wakes up. I’ll see what the vet says when she calls me later but I’m thinking we’ll probably just watch it for the time being.
We may just be overthinking it and worrying too much about it.
 
Back
Top