Update on Deska's injury

Thanks everyone - the limp isnt as pronounced this am so I guess a day of rest at the vet was helpful.

He does get up in the morning a bit stiff, plus he usually limps back from chasing cars, so I guess I am a little worried. But then he has no problems at flyball and was managing at agility. I really, really hope it isn't ED - we do so many physical activities it will mean a complete change for us all. One other thing that worries me is we haven't been doing much bush walking in the last 6mths, mainly going to the dog oval, and I wonder if the lack of activity has contributed.

I am cutting his food right, right down now - he will be living mostly on vegies. In the last 3mths of dieting he has only lost .6kg. Given how much weight is carried on those elbows he is going to have to come down to 10kg. This is all getting very expensive and I'm not working atm.:(

PS - Smudge, Tully has a permanent place on a flyball team so alway competes (a dog died for her to get that place), Deska is still waiting for a spot so only gets to fill in when we can't get a 2nd full team. Unfortunately for this comp we have 2 teams and the reserves are a new dog and a dog that only does 3runs. Big talk coming up at training tonight I think.
 
Back
Top