Update on Meadow post surgery

Yay for good news!
How is Eli doing without Faith? I seem to recall losing Brooke hit him hard? Not sure if I'm remembering right...

They were both there for the passing and we had them approach after to smell her so they would know. Elijah had a quick sniff and backed off right away; so he knew. Meadow had just gotten home and was so stoned on her meds I don't know what she comprehended. Neither of them seem depressed or are looking for her (unlike my hubby and I!) Elijah has been anxious though between Faith's passing and Meadow being home but completely restricted, and of course he sensed our grief. He's a super sensitive guy.
 
Yes, they need to be on a low-fat diet since the gallbladder aids in fat digestion. We did the prescription diet until Elijah rejected it, but I found a Fromm Weight Loss diet that only 2 percent more fat than the prescription diet and MUCH better ingredients. I just have to feed them more volume to make up the calories but they like it and are doing well.
 
Do you feed based on weight / calories? I have a hard time calculating what Teddy needs to eat using the calculation. I have been using Redbarn grain inclusive and he gets between 2/3rd and 1 cup a day since he still needs to lose a couple pounds. Teddy is sorta a chunky monkey. I would like to see him at 27 lbs he currently is 29 lbs.
 
I did a rough calculation based on the calories of their original food, Ron. So Eli's half cup turned into 2/3 cup (twice a day) to make the same calories. I just keep weighing them to check up but that seems to hold his weight. As they age they need less, Eli used to get a good rounded half cup, then I had to decrease it to a flat half cup because he was gaining.
 
Back
Top