URGENT! California Please Help!

Downey is in Southern CA. About 30 minutes from here in non traffic times. Southland Sheltie Rescue should be on this one. I'll e-mail them the link.
 
I hope they get him out of there. They don't say if he was a stray or owner turn in. I read an owner turn in can be euthanized right away. They don't have to hold them.
 
I heard back from my rescue contact they are tracking this dog.

I hope they get him out asap. I just received an email from somebody connected with the Downey shelter and the animals there are euthanized at a tremendous rate and many do not even make it to rescue or even listed on petfinder. So sad.
 
The SSR is on this one according to my contact. I'm sure they are doing everything possible to rescue this dog. I hesitate to continue to ask for info, because the last time, with Whiskey, all of the outside quiries were actually gumming up their works. They have a very strong network. I feel pretty good knowing they are on the job!
 
I called the Downey shelter and the ID# from petfinder is not a valid ID#. The guy on the phone suggested looking thru their adoptable animals on their website. I did that and this sheltie is not there. I will put in one more message to SSR to see if they got him out. But, it looks like someone got him out.
 
Back
Top