Vegas comes home

Status
Not open for further replies.

granite

Forums Sage
Alright...I'm certifiable. After a near sleepless night worrying over the little "tri for trade", I called the guy back today and talked with him some more. He then told us a third story of how he was doing with the pup and what issues were present. Then he couldn't give us directions to his house.

The guy is 86 years old. I'm afraid that his grip on the present is sliding, or he's a shyster and can't keep his stories straight. Either way after I heard him ramble about feeding the dog Spam and that the dog would go out into the yard and come back (NO FENCE and a busy road nearby) I just looked at Alan and we paid up.

So I'm a mark and I paid him money and brought Vegas home. (Registered name "Lil Boy Vegas") He was very good in the car with Sasha. He trembled while we were still at the guys house but NO trembling in the car. He trembled when all of the dogs started barking but then stopped when Alan held him. He trembled during his bath but was very cooperative (the bath was necessary as I found evidence of fleas). I had the flea treatment the vet gave me for Angus so we've put that on Vegas. Now he's sitting as calm as can be on the loveseat with Alan. He is behaving so differently than when we saw him yesterday that I'm sure that this is the right thing.

So here's the ride home:
http://usera.ImageCave.com/granite/granites_pets/2009-09-13 Sasha, Vegas, Janet.jpg

And Alan with Vegas after his bath:
http://usera.ImageCave.com/granite/granites_pets/2009-09-13 VegasAlan.jpg

I'd been tearful and unsettled all night and all day UNTIL we got him home. It was the right thing to do. Its only money after all, I'll just pull some extra shifts at home health and make up the difference.
 
Well after chatting with you last night,I told Brian one of two things will happen with in this week.Either he was going to call you back,or you would contact him,and talk again.

He is quite bright eyed after his bath,which I'm sure he feels more than 100% better,and I'm sure if Vegas could say thank you,he would.This has a wonderful happy ending.Hugs to all of you!
 
Janet,you're not certifiable you just have a good heart. If anyone can help this little guy out it will be you and Alan. From what you say it seems that he's happier already. Good luck with him and by the way he's a real cutie.
 
OK I'm sure I missed something earlier this weekend - obviously - as to how you found Vegas.

BUT I am glad that you have him. He looks like a sweetheart and from the sounds of it, his owner could not take care of him, so you did the right thing Janet. He is just adorable.
 
All I can say is: Thank you! You've just got such a huge heart. This landed on you without warning. I know there are people on this forum who do the Sheltie rescue thing all the time and we bless them for it. But you've just made a huge step down that road yourself. This was not in your "project plan".

I'm confidant that you can rehabilitate and place him in short order. You are a kind hearted soul and I feel humbled by what you've done. :sadsmile:
 
Now I am really confused...Janet, you rescued him (I got that much) but aren't planning on keeping him? Well either way, you did a good thing for little Vegas.
 
Just watched his bath video. He is so tiny Janet! and so well behaved. He looks a bit timid, but no wonder. I am sure he will be so much happier and come out of his shell in no time with you and your entire family around. He is a lucky little fella.
 
Yes, it makes me cry to know that you have such a big heart to save this little sheltie boy. I assume this is from the guy who called you to see if you would trade a new puppy for his sheltie, because his wife didn't like the color of the one he had brought home. You and Alan are great people that I admire a great deal. Thank you!
 
If Vegas fits in with the others, he will stay here forever.
So far there is a bit of lip curling from Emma, but the rest are just curious. Emma is probably just asserting her authority as usual.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top