We're picking a puppy on Thursday!!!!!

I love his advice about socializing pups young, that the research shows that waiting until the puppy has all it's shots is too late. Socialization can start before all the shots are complete, just common sense is needed.
Karen - I agree so much - really well you are referring to this :hugs

It can save so many of the problems that people
have with this sensitive breed.:yes:

It is really good knowledge if new readers should pass this thread :yes:
 
Yeah, puppy fun!!!
Honestly, I'm finding having a puppy is a lot of fun, and not that hard. It's adolescence I'm not looking forward to! Atm there's this crazy happy squeaking behind me, how could you not smile. The big problem atm is socialising enough with CoVID19 stuff happening. I've definitely struggled more with the rehome/rescue - that's the last time I ever listen to people saying an older dog will be easier!
 
Thanks everyone - excitement is building! Tomorrow at noon is when we see the available girls. There were 2 litters, one of 3 mahogany sable girls and the other of 6, four of which are sable merles. The merle girl we are initially interested in has some splashy white markings, and will be "show size" by her estimation. We are trying to borrow another pet stroller to try and get her out every day to socialize while we walk the other hooligans. With everything now on lockdown it will be a challenge to socialize, as Caro has mentioned.
 
We are trying to borrow another pet stroller to try and get her out every day to socialize while we walk the other hooligans. With everything now on lockdown it will be a challenge to socialize, as Caro has mentioned.

I was just thinking about socialization in the age of Covid19 - its not going to be easy. My agility classes just shut down indefinitely because of Covid19, so Kip and I are sad :(Are parks shut down in your area? I would think as long as the park isn't crowded, and you can stay far away from other people, at least your puppy can still see other dogs and people from a distance. Or maybe a walking trail near a highway?

A flashy sable merle sounds absolutely adorable, but I'm sure whichever puppy you choose (chooses you) will be perfect!
 
Yeah, puppy fun!!!
Honestly, I'm finding having a puppy is a lot of fun, and not that hard. It's adolescence I'm not looking forward to! Atm there's this crazy happy squeaking behind me, how could you not smile. The big problem atm is socialising enough with CoVID19 stuff happening. I've definitely struggled more with the rehome/rescue - that's the last time I ever listen to people saying an older dog will be easier!
I can't imagine how much more difficult it would be to socialize with all this going on!
My sister is getting a puppy in 4 weeks (a purebred Bichon male) and is very excited. He's adorable of course.
 
Back
Top