Westminster Dog Show?

So I have to share my favorite Westminster story with everyone. A woman from Canada with her Old English Sheepdog told me the saga of her trip to New York as she was waiting in line to leave the Garden last night. Seems she'd booked space for her Old English on a Delta flight on Sunday, in plenty of time to arrive in NY, but when they got on the plane and put her dog in the hold where the big dogs fly, the captain told her that when he tried to activate the air/heat in the hold it wasn't working and they couldn't take the dog.

She told him that they were going to Westminster to compete. Her dog has won 25 BIS, and this was to be his retirement show. The captain polled the crew and the passengers in the last four rows of the plane, and everyone agreed. She and her dog flew to NY with the dog sitting beside her on the plane. Everyone cheered when they left and wished her luck. She said it was the best part of the trip and it didn't matter that they didn't win the breed; she was still writing a letter to the captain and Delta to say thanks.

It's the stories like these that make Westminster such a cool show. Had to share it. :wink2:

great story- awesome job by the pilot :smile2:
 
So I have to share my favorite Westminster story with everyone. A woman from Canada with her Old English Sheepdog told me the saga of her trip to New York as she was waiting in line to leave the Garden last night. Seems she'd booked space for her Old English on a Delta flight on Sunday, in plenty of time to arrive in NY, but when they got on the plane and put her dog in the hold where the big dogs fly, the captain told her that when he tried to activate the air/heat in the hold it wasn't working and they couldn't take the dog.

She told him that they were going to Westminster to compete. Her dog has won 25 BIS, and this was to be his retirement show. The captain polled the crew and the passengers in the last four rows of the plane, and everyone agreed. She and her dog flew to NY with the dog sitting beside her on the plane. Everyone cheered when they left and wished her luck. She said it was the best part of the trip and it didn't matter that they didn't win the breed; she was still writing a letter to the captain and Delta to say thanks.

It's the stories like these that make Westminster such a cool show. Had to share it. :wink2:

Wow great story! If only we were all that lucky! Its nice to know that there are still kind people in this world!
 
How in the world did I miss the booing. I really hoped the brit would win. I did have a freind tell me that from the git go the scotty would win. I am sorry but to me the French bull dog was down right ugly.
 
So I have to share my favorite Westminster story with everyone. A woman from Canada with her Old English Sheepdog told me the saga of her trip to New York as she was waiting in line to leave the Garden last night. Seems she'd booked space for her Old English on a Delta flight on Sunday, in plenty of time to arrive in NY, but when they got on the plane and put her dog in the hold where the big dogs fly, the captain told her that when he tried to activate the air/heat in the hold it wasn't working and they couldn't take the dog.

She told him that they were going to Westminster to compete. Her dog has won 25 BIS, and this was to be his retirement show. The captain polled the crew and the passengers in the last four rows of the plane, and everyone agreed. She and her dog flew to NY with the dog sitting beside her on the plane. Everyone cheered when they left and wished her luck. She said it was the best part of the trip and it didn't matter that they didn't win the breed; she was still writing a letter to the captain and Delta to say thanks.

It's the stories like these that make Westminster such a cool show. Had to share it. :wink2:

I give high fives to the captain, the crew and the other passengers who were so supportive! That gives me chills! I can only imagine a big ol' English Sheepdog sitting on a seat. I wonder how they handled the seatbelts? Did he get a headset to watch the movie? As a travelling passenger, was he allowed Duty Free? :winkgrin:
 
I'm really pissed here.

I cannot view the videos for Best of Group or Best in Show....I get a message that says that "The Clip is not available in my area". I was able to watch the Sheltie judging however.

Why would Canada be blocked from seeing the finals? Any other Canadians or outside US (e.g. Europe) having any trouble seeing the final finals?

I guess the only way I would able to see them is if someone puts them on Youtube.

Grrrr!
 
Ann, it was so kind of you to be Sheltie Nation's eyes on Westminster. I felt like I was "in" having a friend in the action!!! Thank you! :biggrin2:
 
I thought you guys would be interested in reading this. I just got it from one of the KY sheltie lists, and it came with permission to cross post:

"The two women who disrupted the last night of the Westminster Kennel Club dog
show by jumping into the ring to protest purebred dogs on behalf of PeTA were
removed by police and booked with charges of criminal tresspass.

In a new development today (Thursday) it was learned on good authority that both
women will also be facing federal charges under the AETA (Animal Enterprise
Terrorism Act).

A big 'Thank You' to the Board and membership of the Westminster Kennel Club for
not only putting on a wonderful event that showcases dogs--purebred and not--to
the American public, but also for standing up for the rights of the pet owning
public."
 
Thanks for posting that, Stacey. I'm glad they were arrested and are being charged as criminals. Why can't PETA just concentrate on going after the people who organize dog fights?
 
Because members of PETA are against anything other allowing animals to roam free and feral. They are as anti-pet ownership as they are anti-fur/leather, etc.

Like I said earlier, PETA is a good idea overrun by extremists which results in little more than them looking like fools. Most people don't "get" their message because all they see are the stupid stunts they pull.
 
Back
Top