Westminster Kennel Club

your welcome!! I enjoyed it soo much! It was quite the experience that I will never forget!
As far as absent dogs, Ann is correct they entries have to be in by december. alot happens in that long of a time. I know myself when I enter shows only 3 weeks ahead alot changes. Schedules can change, dogs can loose coat, injure themselves and be lame, there is alot of factors and the handlers will not show them if they are not in tip top shape. I know one of my breeders was supposed to be at WKC but ended up going to a show out their way with one of his other breeds he does and ended up taking BIS with his other breed so it was a better decision for him to be out there, and cheaper in the long run as well!!
 
For some reason, whenever I see the show, I rarely see them show shelties, except when they actually show the sheltie in the herding group. Why is it that there is so little emphasis on shelties? I wish they showed them more.

This year there were a fantastic group of shelties, and I agree with you they sure don't receive the recognition they so deserve. Lightplum thanks for all the pictures they were great. JS has a gorgeous sheltie, and I was so happy she came out the winner with him.

I will apologize for saying this ahead of time, I am so happy a poodle with their bizarre cut didn't win, and at least a sporting dog won. Another breed that is just coming up to be noticed. Biased? the sheltie should have taken it all. Wasn't that little guy cute with his sheltie? Mom and Dad had to be proud of him.
 
Thanks so much for the pictures! I missed it all on TV because I was working, so I felt I was able to "watch" anyway. Plus, looking at pictures that were taken from somebody that was actually there made me feel a little closer to the action!:smile2:
 
I believe the young boy that received AOM is the one that just lost his father a few weeks ago. His mother was also showing another breed. I read a very touching story about it on one of the other Sheltie lists....I'll see if I can find it.
 
Back
Top