What are your shelties top sleeping spots

JacqueZ

Forums Enthusiast
Because we all know it's almost never the expensive bed that they loved in the store, where are your shelties favorite spots to sleep.

In order for Honey:

3) Half on the back of the couch, half on the cat jungle (everythings better when it's worrying mom)

2) In a cardboard box from our printer with a blanket she dragged in. (does she think she's half cat?)

and....the number one favorite sleeping spot...

1) On a pile of our dirty laundry, surrounded by our scents.
 
For Emma, it is the rocking chair in the living room or arm chair in the office, or between the bed and window (in summer) or tight to me on the bed.

Liam - he sleeps just about anywhere and everywhere. He loves to get at my feet at the computer desk, or if the bedroom door is partly open, between it and the wall.

Natalie - she loves Emma's dog bed - that is where she will sleep most nights. If I am in the office, she will get under the chair Emma is sleeping in. (It's an antique chair).

I will wake up with all three tight to me.

They don't really sleep in strange places, mainly because I have minimal furniture or stuff around.
 
My Honey:
-couch
-bed
-floor
-under dining room table
Seriously, thats what she loves. Any spot on the floor, but eww not the dog bed. But human bed YES please.

Mr. Ruutu:
-puppy dog bed (which he has to curl to fit in now)
-new big dog bed (but only for a few minutes)
-couch
-human bed
-under the side table which he has to crawl to get to. (too big again)
-under dining room table upside down with feet on the chairs
-corner beside couch
-under mini table upside down
Basically, anywhere he can roll and be upside down or on his side is perrrfect for him.
 
I long for the day when Honey voluntarily sleeps tight up against me. As she gets older she's slowely getting more cuddly, (helped along by my shameless encouragement of snuggle begging). As it is I try to keep the house around 69 at night so she'll stay on the bed. Right now she's happy because one of the drawers on our bed needs fixed and until the part comes in she can get underneath for sleeping. :lol:
 
I long for the day when Honey voluntarily sleeps tight up against me. As she gets older she's slowely getting more cuddly, (helped along by my shameless encouragement of snuggle begging). As it is I try to keep the house around 69 at night so she'll stay on the bed. Right now she's happy because one of the drawers on our bed needs fixed and until the part comes in she can get underneath for sleeping. :lol:
I'll trade you Honey's :lol: Mine ONLY cuddles. Steals blankets, pushes you off the bed, kicks you off the bed.. needless to say, every night we wrestle for a spot in bed. We have a oscillating fan in our bedroom that is aimed straight at her because all she does is pant because of the blankets and sheets. Oh and her favorite is to lay right up against your back and hurt your back or in between your legs and kick you.

Oh yes and to add: If she gets off of the bed during the night because she's too hot and decides that she wants back on the bed, she cries until my fiance lifts her back up.
 
Last edited:
F-kap- any were I am:biggrin2:
Jody- at my feet under my desk or in my lap (he's not a little sheltie either!)
Ida- on a pile of stuffed toys or under my dad's desk (she's a Grandpa's girl)
Sarah- under something. It doesn't matter what just as long as she's under it.
Of corse at night they are all snuggled in people beds.
 
Last edited:
-under the side table which he has to crawl to get to. (too big again)
-under dining room table upside down with feet on the chairs
-under mini table upside down
Basically, anywhere he can roll and be upside down or on his side is perrrfect for him.

Oh I can just picture that perfectly! :lol:
 
I'll trade you Honey's :lol: Mine ONLY cuddles. Steals blankets, pushes you off the bed, kicks you off the bed.. needless to say, every night we wrestle for a spot in bed. We have a oscillating fan in our bedroom that is aimed straight at her because all she does is pant because of the blankets and sheets. Oh and her favorite is to lay right up against your back and hurt your back or in between your legs and kick you.

Oh yes and to add: If she gets off of the bed during the night because she's too hot and decides that she wants back on the bed, she cries until my fiance lifts her back up.

Honey paces, clicking her nails on the floor until I wake up to put her back on the bed. Usually around 4:00 in the morning. :rolleyes2:

When I was young my family had a Chihuahua that would sleep on your butt when you were laying on your stomach, and my husband and I are trying to train Honey to do that, so warm and comfortable! The cat is picking up on it, so far Honey has no interest.
 
Honey paces, clicking her nails on the floor until I wake up to put her back on the bed. Usually around 4:00 in the morning. :rolleyes2:

When I was young my family had a Chihuahua that would sleep on your butt when you were laying on your stomach, and my husband and I are trying to train Honey to do that, so warm and comfortable! The cat is picking up on it, so far Honey has no interest.
Our wake up is usually 2am or 3am. I hope Honey doesn't weigh much! I don't know if I'd want my Honey to lay on my butt. Ruutu takes it upon himself though to step all over me and lay on me... 27 pounds of dog on top of me. :dead:
 
After she's up and fed, Pyper likes to burrow into the throw pillows on my freshly made bed and go back to sleep. Of course, she never fixes the pillows, when her nap is over...
 

Attachments

  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Back
Top