What they mean to us~

That's why I as well as many call them my furkids!!

Rolland

Exactly!

I was joking with my mother the other day, in my usual dead pan manner. My mother has the same sense of humor as me and is also a huge animal lover, so I was shocked when this time she thought I was serious.

I've been vacuuming up a storm, since Toby's black fur seems to be everywhere. I told my mother that I'd decided that I simply could not keep Toby (our rescue that we adopted about a month ago), because he was shedding just too much! That I could not deal with the extra fur.

I expected her to laugh at me, but instead my mother was quiet for a minute, then said, 'Seriously! You'd give him up because he sheds too much! Poor Toby!'

I don't know who was more shocked, her that I said that or me that she believed what I said. I was a little insulted and said 'Of course not! I was joking! There is more fur but we could NEVER give him up because of it!

My parents are so taken with Toby that they said they would take him if for some reason we couldn't keep him.

I could never give up my fur kids, even our newest Toby. They're as much a part of me as if they were my biological children.
 
Exactly!

I was joking with my mother the other day, in my usual dead pan manner. My mother has the same sense of humor as me and is also a huge animal lover, so I was shocked when this time she thought I was serious.

I've been vacuuming up a storm, since Toby's black fur seems to be everywhere. I told my mother that I'd decided that I simply could not keep Toby (our rescue that we adopted about a month ago), because he was shedding just too much! That I could not deal with the extra fur.

I expected her to laugh at me, but instead my mother was quiet for a minute, then said, 'Seriously! You'd give him up because he sheds too much! Poor Toby!'

I don't know who was more shocked, her that I said that or me that she believed what I said. I was a little insulted and said 'Of course not! I was joking! There is more fur but we could NEVER give him up because of it!

My parents are so taken with Toby that they said they would take him if for some reason we couldn't keep him.

I could never give up my fur kids, even our newest Toby. They're as much a part of me as if they were my biological children.

Lucky you that your mom is an animal lover. Mine is NOT. If I had said "the cat and the dog have to go, I just can't deal with all this fur"... my mom would probably say "Oh thank god you've finally come to your senses". :( It drives me slightly crazy when I see her come into my house and inspect the carpets for the first minute or 2 and then wipe the couch before she sits down. SHHEEEESH!... It's a bit of pet hair... it's not going to bite you!! :no:
 
Lucky you that your mom is an animal lover. Mine is NOT. If I had said "the cat and the dog have to go, I just can't deal with all this fur"... my mom would probably say "Oh thank god you've finally come to your senses". :( It drives me slightly crazy when I see her come into my house and inspect the carpets for the first minute or 2 and then wipe the couch before she sits down. SHHEEEESH!... It's a bit of pet hair... it's not going to bite you!! :no:

Wow, that WOULD bother me. Lucky for me I come from a family of animal lovers and we're not close with any pet haters.

I feel so sorry for people like that, who've never truly bonded with an animal. They don't know what they're missing...
 
Wow, that WOULD bother me. Lucky for me I come from a family of animal lovers and we're not close with any pet haters.

I feel so sorry for people like that, who've never truly bonded with an animal. They don't know what they're missing...


Yeah... she grew up in a no pet household, so she's just not big on animals. 20+ years ago we had a cat (my idea) and she really grew attached to him... she fattened him up with all kinds of treats & cooked him chicken hearts and livers... she would tell you that she didn't like him... but secretly she adored him. I guess she just needs to spend more time around animals before she feels anything warm and fuzzy about them.

I'm always sending her photos of Miko and raving about the progress her "3rd grandchild" is making. She thinks I'm completely off my rocker!! :lol:
 
My two mean the world to me and make me so very happy. Everyday they do some thing to make me laugh or smile. After loosing Katie I was not sure if I could love another one as much as I did her, but Zak has healed my heart and is such a love. They are my furkids.
 
Back
Top