Why did you name your dog(s) their name?

Further to previous post on Indy and Bacca

News pup is named Macallan. Callan for short. Named after David's favourite scotch.

My son rolled his eyes and said I must stop naming my dogs after booze! Lol
 
Chip's name

I was a builder for almost 30 years then became a manufacturer of wooden decorative items with my wife. We still have our family business wrapped around the "WoodShop". Just seemed natural to name the pup CHIP.

His registered name is "CHIPIE DOODLE FERGUSON"

He is one of the brightest spots in our lives.
 

Attachments

  • Chip8 x 8.636.jpg
    Chip8 x 8.636.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 7
Fasb got his name from an accounting acronym. His original owner is a CPA (and formerly my college roommate and ex-brother-in-law. He and I roomed together in college and went on to get jobs with the same firm upon graduation. I met my wife when he started dating my wife's sister).

FASB is an accounting term. The acronym stands for Financial Accounting Standards Board. Fasb was 7 when we took him in. By then, the name had stuck.

I think the name fits him, though it's not what I would have picked. I thought it was a clever name - until I had to explain it about 100 times to passerby and people we bump into on our walks. :rolleyes2:
 
You know I was thinking that Brooke's registered name sounded really familar. Then I realized we went over her grandson Ayden (Ch Karosel That's How I Roll) at nationals. I am totally in love with him. What a handsome boy. A friend has a litter by him due on the 4th of July so that will be Brooke great grandbabies.

Wow, it is a small world, Dr. Shelli! I haven't met Ayden but have seen pics. His mom is Brooke's daughter Shelby. That kennel is only about an hour north of us, I have briefly met that breeder at dog shows. She and Brooke's breeder have a few dogs in common. Brooke was apparently good at passing on her fabulous temperament to her kids. :biggrin2:

So cool to know about Brooke's great-grandbabies to be. Thanks for sharing!
 
Last edited:
My wife had a dream that we would get a tri-boy and name him Zulu. It happened during Mardi Gras season, so we thought that was what triggered the dream. We did a little research and found out in the native language Zulu means heaven or heavenly. Really liked that. Then at a totally different Mardi Gras parade on a different day, my wife gets hit in the head with a set of Zulu beads! That settled it, his name would be Zulu. His registered name is "La Carnaval de Mardi Gras", which translates to "A Mardi Gras Parade".
 
Well, my first Sheltie was Laddie, I loved him so much I decided to name this one "Laddie" as well.

I gave Bella her name because she looks so sweet and demure. Bella is Italian for beautiful, and she sure is.
 
Back
Top