Since Mr. Smudge just turned one I was wondering what shots I should ask for on his next vet visit. I know some people don't like vaccines, and their dogs have had a bad reaction to them. My friend who shows shelties feels this way, but her dogs don't stay sick all the time like mine does either. 
Smudge's rabies shot isn't due until the middle of July. He got his heartworm test done a few months ago (negative).
When Smudge goes back to the vet what should I ask for? Fluffy was given every vaccine except the kitchen sink when she went. Smudge got two combo shots and a parvo shot.
There are some places that will not allow you to kennel your dog in their place if you don't get the bordetella vaccine. My friend claims that the bordetella vaccine gave her dog kennel cough. Fluffy has had the bordetella vaccine with no bad reactions.
So assuming that I might go on vacation sometime (Me?!! A vacation?!
) I would have to have the bordetella vaccine to kennel Smudge, and I can't take either dog to obedience class without rabies. So these are the least I can get away with.
What would you give your dog? What does your dog get yearly?

Smudge's rabies shot isn't due until the middle of July. He got his heartworm test done a few months ago (negative).
When Smudge goes back to the vet what should I ask for? Fluffy was given every vaccine except the kitchen sink when she went. Smudge got two combo shots and a parvo shot.
There are some places that will not allow you to kennel your dog in their place if you don't get the bordetella vaccine. My friend claims that the bordetella vaccine gave her dog kennel cough. Fluffy has had the bordetella vaccine with no bad reactions.
So assuming that I might go on vacation sometime (Me?!! A vacation?!
) I would have to have the bordetella vaccine to kennel Smudge, and I can't take either dog to obedience class without rabies. So these are the least I can get away with.What would you give your dog? What does your dog get yearly?
