Yogurt

SheltieGuy

Forums Enthusiast
I bought some fat-free unsweetened plain yogurt for Snickers because he likes something mixed in with his dry food. I was planning on rotating yogurt and yams.. my question is:

Is it ok to give him yogurt everyday with his food? (1-3 tablespoons). Will I run the risk of runny poos? Is dairy ok for everyday use? (in small amounts).
 
I am pretty sure it should be fine.

I used to give it to my old boy. The theory for him was....it would help his immunities so he would not get as many yeast infections in his ears. It never gave him the runs.
 
Good... I dont want to give Snickers the runs. HE loves having yams or yogurt mixed in soo I wanted to make sure it was ok for him.
 
Mine usually get a little yoghurt mixed with their vegies to add some calcium. I use vanilla yoghurt - the same stuff I have for myself

I am lactose intolerant and can eat yoghurt - its very low in lactose so no problem for dogs either. As a matter of interest, with dairy foods higher fat content is better for lactose intolerance as more fat means the lactase is broken down a little more. Shouldnt matter with yoghurt.
 
Yogurt helps people with digestive tract problems. May be it's the same for dogs. Noah used to get some every day.
 
I am pretty sure it should be fine.

I used to give it to my old boy. The theory for him was....it would help his immunities so he would not get as many yeast infections in his ears. It never gave him the runs.

Well dang! I never thought of that.

Poor Earnie is still battleing that bad ear issue that was diagnosed back when we got the hips looked at.He has such a problem with his ears.And the vet said it was one of the worst yeast infections he had seen in a long time.He said it was so deep,it was a wonder he had not lost his hearing,thats how bad the infection was.
We are on our second tube of medicine for his ear.Originally our vet said it would take upwards 8-10 weeks for it to show improvement,which it has,but it's still some infected.

Would one know if Trapps constant fixation to licking Earnies ears would be the reason why they are slow to heal? Every time we see them together,Trapp is licking Earnies ear.More so when we apply medicine.

I think I'm going to give this a whirl~ So just plain yogurt? Is there a brand better than another?
 
Well dang! I never thought of that.

Poor Earnie is still battleing that bad ear issue that was diagnosed back when we got the hips looked at.He has such a problem with his ears.And the vet said it was one of the worst yeast infections he had seen in a long time.He said it was so deep,it was a wonder he had not lost his hearing,thats how bad the infection was.
We are on our second tube of medicine for his ear.Originally our vet said it would take upwards 8-10 weeks for it to show improvement,which it has,but it's still some infected.

Would one know if Trapps constant fixation to licking Earnies ears would be the reason why they are slow to heal? Every time we see them together,Trapp is licking Earnies ear.More so when we apply medicine.

I think I'm going to give this a whirl~ So just plain yogurt? Is there a brand better than another?


Ha ha, Trapp loves his little Earnie, :smile2:. Here's a far stretch, could Trapp's "love" for Earnies ears be causing the yeast infection. I guess Trapp myst love the taste of the medicine..
 
About the yogurt, I give Megan a brand called "Lifeway lowfat Kefir probiotic plain cultured milk". The breeder had all the puppies on it and our Vet loves that she's on it. :wink2:
 
Back
Top