Yogurt

i went to the grocery store and bought LA Yogurt plain, fat-free, unsweetened with pre/probiotics. IT was $1.77 for 32 oz.
 
Make your own yogurt and buy your eggs LOCAL!:yes:

Making yogurt is fairly easy but a bit time consuming, but is 100 times better for you especially if your milk is local. PM me if you want "how to's" on making yogurt without all the fancy dancy equipment that they say you need.

And salmonella is what you should be concerned about in eggs processed through a manufacturing plant (a.k.a what you will get at your "big box grocer"). Find a local farmer and buy your eggs from him and you will be amazed at the difference in taste.

In fact, buy everything you can from your local farmer.

Remember, No Farms...................NO FOOD!:dead:

MMM gets a TBSP of yogurt mixed with his food just once a week. I only feed eggs to him should I run out of kibble which doesn't happen more than once a year.
 
sort of off topic but not...what about raw eggs??? shells and all? every now and again for a special treat?

Cooked is okay, but better to just give them the yolks - the whites can make them farty. One of my dogs favourite treats is egg yolk cooked into rice.
 
I give my dogs raw eggs,shell and all. I get them from friend with a small flock of chickens. They love them. No gas problems here.
 
Yikes, I just looked them up online, (Lifeway.net) in South Carolina it appears the closest store is in Columbia!

You might consider going to a whole foods store or nutrition store for the yogurt..

The things we don't do, the distance we drive for our furkids, :lol:
 
Back
Top