Recent content by Cedarsmom

  1. C

    Back after being gone for over three years

    Fletcher looks like a very happy boy!
  2. C

    Back after being gone for over three years

    This is a picture of the two of them playing this past summer.
  3. C

    Back after being gone for over three years

    I believe I have been away from this forum for more than three years. Life happens. Today I renewed my premium membership and decided that I should start checking in more. We still have my sable boy, Cedar. We have added a bi-blue boy, Pepper. They have opposite personalities, so compliment each...
  4. C

    Shelties and cats

    I have a cat, Misty, who has outlived 5 dogs. He will be 25 in two days. He has gotten along with all of them. He went to the vet last week for his annual checkup and he's still doing well. Every year he goes, the vet always says " He's still alive!!??" Cedar harasses him occasionally by...
  5. C

    Reassure me I'm feeding enough

    I feed Cedar 1/2 cup of Innova EVO twice a day and he does fine. And he is only 19 pounds. He's very very active, so he burns it off. My mom has a Husky/Shepard mix who is on a diet and her vet told her to reduce her food by half, but to add no salt added green beans to make up for the other...
  6. C

    No fence = No sheltie

    This is a very interesting subject for me. I've been looking at a lot of rescue sites lately and wondered about the fencing issue. I always look first to see if a fence is required. We are VERY rural, hundreds of feet from the road and in an open field surround by trees. We've never had a fence...
  7. C

    Barking SOOO much!

    I wonder if some Shelties are more prone to barking than others. Mine will bark but not excessively. What does set him off is a back up alarm,even if it's on TV. He barks and spins until it stops. But if we're outside playing and I've had enough of his yapper , I very calmly say "No bark", and...
  8. C

    Hi Everyone

    Welcome Ritchie and Seaver, I have a sable male, Cedar, who will be 3 this summer. We live in Central Maine. I am quite new to the forum too and am enjoying all the fine people here. I'm sure you will too.
  9. C

    shelties with no leashes

    We live in the country and about 700-800 ft. off the road. We have 40 acres total, but about 4 acres of open area surrounded by trees. Cedar is never on a leash at home. He loves to spend his time running and smelling the ground to see what has been around since the day before. Once in a while...
  10. C

    Rotating Food

    I do a semi-rotation. I buy the small bags of Innova EVO. I buy two different kinds at a time and mix them together. Then, the next time I buy different flavors and mix them. With 3 different flavors, he gets quite a variety. It doesn't upset his stomach or give him loose bowels.
  11. C

    Ladies, Train Your Husband Like a Dog!

    My husband just retired this year and I'm still working. There is no doubt that my Sheltie is easier to train than my husband. It's a work in progress.
  12. C

    Made the transition to TOTW

    I've been feeding Cedar the Innova EVO, (all varieties), but have been intrigued by the TOTW. It is sold in our area, so I'm going to start introducing it.
  13. C

    Has anyone seen this website?

    Mine wears his collar 24/7. He's in and out all the time. We do not have a fence. But we are between 700 to 800 feet off the road with about 4 acres of lawn and another 35 acres of woods. Our yard is pretty much surrounded by a stone wall or trees. Cedar has never attempted to leave the yard...
  14. C

    Hello New Sheltie owner Here in Michigan!

    Welcome!! I am new here too. Jacobi is very handsome. My first Sheltie, Hobey, was 45 pounds and I thought he was just the right size. The Sheltie that we have now, Cedar, is only 19 pounds, and I think he is just right. So I guess it doesn't really matter. I have always wanted a Blue Merle...
  15. C

    Hello from central Maine

    Greetings all. I am Mom to a two and a half year old Sheltie named Cedar. He is our 2nd Sheltie, although we also had a Sheltie/Greyhound cross. I think I may have been a member of this forum a few years ago, however I wasn't able to find anything in the members section. I enjoy reading your...
Back
Top