Recent content by Henrie Lee

  1. H

    Abscess on muzzle/autoimmune conditions

    Oh no! What kind of mystery is going on with yours?
  2. H

    Abscess on muzzle/autoimmune conditions

    Thankfully no DM in his lines, or any other autoimmune diseases that have shown up. That makes me feel more hopeful that perhaps it isn't an autoimmune condition after all...the vets were saying it looked like pemphigus or discoid lupus (aka "Collie nose"). I still wonder if they would've said...
  3. H

    Abscess on muzzle/autoimmune conditions

    Do hot spots ever swell? It's so strange, because it started out without any visible abrasions (if they were there they were tiny), but he did paw at it a bunch...
  4. H

    Abscess on muzzle/autoimmune conditions

    Thank you!! He's such a sweet, beautiful baby.
  5. H

    Abscess on muzzle/autoimmune conditions

    Here is what it looked like the day after the swelling appeared: https://imgur.com/a/c0yjsgm After I shaved the area: https://imgur.com/a/7S3BQrH The day we saw the vets: https://imgur.com/L9BSMbP The day after beginning antibiotics and ointment: https://imgur.com/sad0WAY The days following...
  6. H

    Abscess on muzzle/autoimmune conditions

    I have pictures, but I can't figure out how to upload them on here :(
  7. H

    Abscess on muzzle/autoimmune conditions

    Thank you, everyone! My vet friend (who sadly lives out of state) also feels like it's a "wait and see" kind of situation...I think the two vets he saw in person were going off of what it looked like *after* it became infected from him digging at it after I shaved it...I do wonder what they...
  8. H

    Abscess on muzzle/autoimmune conditions

    Hi everyone, my sweet 2 year old pup is having some scary problems with his skin. On Monday I noticed a little bit of swelling on his muzzle. It was almost like a bug bite, but I'm not sure what would've bitten him in the middle of winter in New York. I shaved the bump to get a closer look and...
  9. H

    We will always love you, sweet Reese.

    Thank you so much. I'm having a horrible time with survivor's guilt. I already had PTSD before this happened. Now I have a new trauma to process, and without my sweet girl who has been one of my biggest supports for almost a decade. I miss her so much, and I wish this never happened. She...
  10. H

    We will always love you, sweet Reese.

    I'm beyond devastated to be writing this. We lost our second heart dog, Reese this morning. She was just two months away from turning 11. My car spun out in the snow and hit the corner of a brick building. She sustained injuries to her neck and spine, which would've paralyzed her if she didn't...
  11. H

    Congestive heart failure- looking for hope

    Thank you, Trini I just spoke with the vet- he's going to call in some spironolactone for Donovan, and we're going to try giving him the enalapril twice a day instead of just once. I truly hope this makes enough of a difference for him to stay with us a little longer.
  12. H

    Congestive heart failure- looking for hope

    Donovan's condition has been such a rollercoaster lately :( we're so worried that we might lose him soon. He is still eating, drinking, and using the bathroom. He has been happy to see us when we come home. But he has been struggling more consistently with his breathing for the past day or two...
  13. H

    Congestive heart failure- looking for hope

    Thank you everyone, I hope so too. I'm going to call the vet again tomorrow to ask if we should adjust his meds again, or give it some more time.
  14. H

    Memorial items

    I got a tattoo of Donovan's pawprint around his first birthday to honor him as my very first heart dog. Now that he is living with a terminal illness, I feel like I want more tattoos in his honor in the future. I have also considered having some of his ashes turned into a jewel, and maybe having...
  15. H

    Congestive heart failure- looking for hope

    Another update on Donovan: He was doing great for a few weeks there! He was mostly back to his usual sweet, playful self. <3 Unfortunately I had to learn a difficult lesson last week: Trazodone can be dangerous for dogs with heart disease. I wish I would've known sooner so I could avoid...
Back
Top