Recent content by MaryLou

  1. M

    I just have to say...

    SHe graduates Tuesday from beginner training Tuesday ... and yes, its funny to see her "shut down" when she's done, she walks away... no matter how sternly I say "COME" ... ROFL... defiant little beast! We made headway this morning with "Quiet"... as long as the treats were forthcoming she did...
  2. M

    I just have to say...

    my little girl is so smart! She learned the commands for sit and down easily... this week she also worked on stay... that needs LOTS of work but she quickly picked up "paw" and "high five" cracks me up... she learns the fun things fast ... the important ones, she gets bored and literally just...
  3. M

    ewwwww

    and... why does she want to wash my face after such a snack... gack!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. M

    ewwwww

    my pup seems to think cat poop is a delicacy... NASTY!!!!!
  5. M

    Crating Issue / Opinions?

    Haha! She might ... but I don't like her entering my apartment when I'm not there... that and she thinks the way I'm training is stupid because she's never gone to training and she's done fine, so shewould never use the commands I've learned with my class we are going to... it's okay - I've...
  6. M

    Hello from Phoebe's Mom!

    Hello back everyone :-) Thank you for the warm welcomes. Didn't know that about the name Phoebe :-) thanks for sharing. Have followed instructions for uploading pics but apparently I don't have that privelege right now? Promise, as soon as I can I wil post pics!
  7. M

    Crating Issue / Opinions?

    Today I am home for a couple hours with my girl, then heading out for a concert. Have been stressing all day about leaving her... not because I think she'll care (really, Hover Mom... get away, but leave my kong, stuffed to the rim please) LOL) all that much but am worried about the...
  8. M

    Crating Issue / Opinions?

    Crates Hi Sylvia - thank you! The more affirmations I get the better I feel... even though I know what I am doing is okay for her! Her crate is in my room and I'm comfortable with that. She's got two fans going all the time... and I dont want her chewing... she's a little Chewbaca ... LOL
  9. M

    Crating Issue / Opinions?

    Thank you! Thank you everyone! I feel okay about it and while I was at my training tonite at Petsmart I looked at crates with Phoebe with me and she is in the right size crate for now, though they said she is a bit long and may need the next size up before long. She is not a "baby" anymore...
  10. M

    Crating Issue / Opinions?

    Lol Thanks for easing my stress! It's sort of hard, she lives upstairs from me and tonight she was outside and I stopped for a second and she lit into me to get right upstairs and "get that puppy outside, she's just a baby and she NEEDS to get out to pee"... It "Troubles" her that I don't...
  11. M

    Crating Issue / Opinions?

    My girl is 8 months old. She's crated while I'm at work - just had words with my landlord who thinks I am a terrible pet Mom because the dog is crated while I am at work. a) puppy/chew stage b) lead paint in apartment (refer to a)... so until she's of an age to behave while I am at work she's...
  12. M

    Hello from Phoebe's Mom!

    Hello! Have run across this site several times since getting my girl, Phoebe (greek full moon godess, not Phoebe from friends LOL) Lots of good information to go through! She is a 7 month old Tri color sheltie, maybe mini according to the vet. She is pretty fearful of walking anywhere but the...
Back
Top