Recent content by Merry

  1. M

    How fast do b-vitamin supplements correct blood levels?

    Hello all! Here's a (difficult) question. How fast does giving b-vitamin supplements work? My dog is deficient in both b12 and folate, and I'm now giving him supplements (250ug for b12 and 200ug for folate). Will the levels be up in a few days, or will it take longer? The reason I'm asking is...
  2. M

    Elevated SDMA in a young dog

    No bacteria in the sample... so that doesn't explain the findings. All I can do now is try to concetrate on the gerd issues and try not to worry about the kidneys. We're going to the vet's again in three weeks for another round of tests. Take4roll10, what did the vet think about your...
  3. M

    Elevated SDMA in a young dog

    Than you corbinam! Great to see your results have gotten better. Have they ever tested his urine? We're going for a second test in three weeks (4 weeks from the blood test) to see if anything's changed.
  4. M

    Elevated SDMA in a young dog

    Back from the ultrasound! Nothing found, everything normal. But it's not all good news: they took an urine sample straight from the bladder with a needle, and apparently they found protein in the urine. I'm not sure if our vet was talking about the protein/creatine ratio, but anyway, the number...
  5. M

    Elevated SDMA in a young dog

    Can I ask you, corbinam, what were your SDAM readings exactly? And how does the vet feel about your prognosis in the tearms of will this affect his kidneys in the long run? I had no idea kidneys could recover at all! I'm taking in a urine sample today. Hope I'll get the results soon.
  6. M

    Elevated SDMA in a young dog

    Just got the results from the test. No pancreatitis! Wohoo!:happy: But apparently I shouldn't test the SDMA again in two weeks like I wanted, that's too soon. They said the value isn't going to go this way or that in such a short period of time. But I'm still planning on getting that...
  7. M

    Elevated SDMA in a young dog

    Hello everyone! My lil darling boy has been suffering from gerd symptoms, and I took him in for a check. The vet did all sorts of blood work, including those regarding to kidneys, and the results got me worried. While his bun and creatine were compeltely normal, not even in the high end of the...
  8. M

    Puppy scratching and diarrhea

    Oh, I know. I'm so under his paw. Completely doomed :cool:
  9. M

    Puppy scratching and diarrhea

    Better and better! Luka's poop, I mean. On saturday it was yellow, soft and very, very mucusy, but today - hard, brown and almost no mucus at all! And yes, I am sure that you wanted to hear the details. I'm absolutely positive. The scratching was another issue, so we visited the vet today...
  10. M

    Puppy scratching and diarrhea

    I called the vet this morning and a nurse told me to give him rice and chicken to calm his stomach. If the diarrhea doesn't go away but Luka stays in good condition, I'm to call again on monday. If Luka starts vomiting I need to call right away. She said that diarrhea isn't as bad as vomiting...
  11. M

    Puppy scratching and diarrhea

    He pooped again, and it was mud, again. He poops every hour to two hours. I'm hoping it's the pig ear, but I'm still going to call the vet in the morning (it's 2 am here right now) and ask for advice. I'm worried about everything from parvo to clostridium difficile. I suffered c. diff a year...
  12. M

    Puppy scratching and diarrhea

    He's here!:biggrin2: I finally got my beautiful little baby boy home. He's 7,5 weeks old and weighs little less than 2,5kg (he didn't really stay too long on the scale today, I'll try again tomorrow). He's a tri colored pup called Luka. I'm sorry I can't share photos, I'm not any public photo...
  13. M

    Boneless raw?

    I just read through the High Protein Diet -thread and realized that the diet I've plannes for my new puppy might might contain too much protein. I understood from the thread that 26% - 32% protein would be good in puppy food, and somewhere between 20-25% in adult food. But how many grams of...
  14. M

    Boneless raw?

    I think I'm going to go with egg shells anyway. But can somebody tell me how much calcium a growing sheltie pup needs? Amount/kg of pup or amount/fresh food kg would be nice. The measurements can also be in pounds. I've read that the recommended amount of calcium is 1-1,5%, but that's for dry...
  15. M

    Boneless raw?

    Hi! If everything works out, I'm getting a sheltie puppy on the last week of November. I've been considering raw diet for my him. My last dog was on raw for a few years and seemed to do fine, but she was a big dog with shorter hair, and I didn't really handle her a lot. I mean, I didn't pick...
Back
Top