Indy fell down the stairs
So last night as I was getting ready to brush my teeth and go to bed I heard a loud bumping and thumping....Alan was already in bed and Russ was on the other side of the house in his room so it had to be a cat, a dog, or an intruder. I went around the corner to the stairs for the basement...the door was OPEN but all the lights were out downstairs and when I turned on the light.
Indy was at the bottom, getting up and looking around confused. He showed no signs of injury, no pain reactions when I palpated him all over, completely responsive, etc. He likes to lie down in doorways, and I gotta figure that he just misjudged where he was landing (or had gotten used to using the door to bump him into place) and rolled all the way down the stairs.
I don't have to go in to work until 12 today, so I let Indy sleep a bit later than usual. I decided to check him a few minutes ago and he woke up quite easily, stood unassisted, and did his usual walking pattern to go outside.
So we got lucky there. Now I have to check that door all the time.