15 year old Indy's vision and other health problems

He seems his usual self today. Alan says Indy has followed him up and down the basement stairs multiple times today; so the event didn't scare him from stairs. In fact, I wonder if he even knows WHAT he went down as it was dark at the time it happened.

I can just imagine it now...
"hey Newton, be careful if they slip you a little green pill in the evenings because woah buddy sometimes those suckers just cause you to space out dude, I mean that was some freaky stuff. I went to lay down for the night and the next thing I know I time and space traveled straight into the basement and it went from dark to light....totally freaky."
 
And here's a little video taken just about an hour ago of Indy walking around in the backyard.

You can see at 1:22 that as he tries to turn/change speeds he staggers a bit. He's been having that problem for a while and frequently one or both back legs just give out on him (usually the left). He does manage a brief trot at the end of his feature film though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDZ3knaEO9Q
 
Janet - Indy reminds me of a refined older gentleman, health problems aside, that loves to be in the middle of life. He is such a handsome boy.
 
Awww. He looks like such a sweet boy walking around with his sheltie smile and tail wagging. Bless his little heart.
 
Last edited:
Indy is a very sweet boy.......just out of step with his environment on a regular basis.
 
Last edited:
It's nice to see, literally, Indy enjoying life. It's tough to watch them get old.

Because of Cooper's eyesight we've had a couple of falls as well. Off of furniture though, not down stairs. It's happened twice, once off my bed and once off the couch. Both at night and from his bad side. Poor buddy. It makes me sad.

Glad Indy didn't suffer any injuries from his fall. It probably helped that he didn't know it was going to happen. He probably just went with the fall instead of trying to fight it which may have caused injury.
 
Awe, Indy does look like a dignified old Gentleman. He has such a beautiful coat and I love his gray muzzle.

Despite his blindness he most certainly looks like he's still enjoying life. You'll know when its time to send him to the Rainbow Bridge.

I think that you may find that he stumbles less, as he gets used to his further reduced vision.
 
Back
Top