A sad day

Michele and Brian, my sincerest condolences on your loss. Bumper was as blessed to have you love her and give her the best life she could have just as you were blessed with her love.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.
 
Michelle and Brian,

I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Bumper. It's almost two years to the day since I lost my Panda. I know how difficult this time is, but I love how another mentioned that she can see now! What a wonderful picture in my head of her enjoying the many wonders on the other side!

She and Panda will be there waiting for us one day!

Suzie
 
I am so sorry for your loss. Hugs to you, Brian and the other furkids. Tiara and Angel send you collie and sheltie kisses.
 
I am so very sorry that you have lost your beloved Bumper. Sending our thoughts and prayers to you all at this sad time.
 
We are still in shock mode here. It has been a difficult week.As we also buried a kitten this week,that was not our,but had been hit by a car not far from our home. Brian brought it home,and comforted it,till the little one passed.
Never did we think,we would also loose our Bumper. She had been not well,often vomiting,but then she seemed to be fine,then revert back to vomiting again a day later.
Initial ex-rays showed her uterous was very large,the size of a hot dog,so intially the vet thought pyometria (sp.) But he wanted to do a full body ex-ray,and turn her differant directions,as he also thought he saw something else.
So we left her. Another full set showed many masses.Her organs were all pushed to one side & crushed together becuase of the masses. He told us,she was very frail,doing exploratory was suggested.

But he was honest,and told us,he would not know what he would be finding. It may have been cancer,it may have been large gas pockets.But opening her up was a gamble.Since the uterous was so infected,there even could have been a chance that could have burst,and she may have died on the table.

I know she was a brave little babe yesterday.Never once did she show any agression,or fight with anyone about being poked at. At one point yesterday,she curled right up,and hid her face.I told Brian,I could not bear to see her suffer.I knew she must have been hurting.

We could have brought her home,and made her comfortable.But I would not do that to her,and make it a waiting game.She had endured enough pain in 3 days,so prolonging anything was not fair.

As much as we love them,it is so hard to let them go. Thank you everyone.Janet,thank you for the help the other night,and your suggestions were welcomed by Bumper.She wanted so much to eat,and did try.But you could tell,she just could not.She was starving,but she was in such a dire way,and could not eat.
Our lives were touched by one very special angel.
 
Back
Top